Google Alphabet X patent on floating AWES

https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2018102119

Sure reads as broad scope. Plenty seaborne and floating AWES have previously been both claimed as novel and laid out openly. Not sure if the time to submit prior art on this patent has passed or not…

From yahoo forum

WO2018102119

International Filing Date: 14/11/2017

Priority Data: 15/365,249 30.11.2016 US

INTEGRATED TETHER AND MOORING WITH FLOATING PLATFORM FOR ENERGY KITE

applicants: X DEVELOPMENT LLC [US/US]; 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway Mountain View, CA 94043, US
Inventors: NORDSTROM, Charles ; US

FELKER, Fort ; US

Is has not been approved yet

1 Like

Again with Alphabet X (Google) it’s another patent with nebulous vague claims. These ones could seemingly apply to any AWES wishing to consider offshore deployment.
Utterly unjust and a disgrace to the patent system.
Not even any regard of their own YouTube platform which clearly has offshore AWES designs from 6 years ago.

Anyone else seeing a bunch of irony … top search engine which thrives on exploiting data from public, can’t see public content on it’s own site … Applies for patent search from gov body who can’t search past the end of their nose. Don’t get me started on irony in patents.

Maybe I could afford a patent on an iron. I’m going to iron covers on wings later hmmm robo iron…Also robo sew a sewing machine where the piercing needle head and rotary needle are 2 seperate devices whose movements and position are coordinated closely with magnets, rollers , laser, wifi BT etc
This would allow sewing of massive sheets without needing a huge sewing arm, also allows sewing inside closed sleeves…