Introductions

New here? Say hello below!
One post per person. (You can edit it at any time) You may use it as an extension of your profile.
Make a new thread if you want to discuss the system you’re working on.

Hello.
@Tom invites us to introduce ourselves. He says we may edit our one post herein from time to time. I won’t here discuss the systems receiving technical work; I will discuss those in other topics.

What to say to introduce self? Philosophy? Geography? Family? Interests related to this forum? Habits? Goals? Objectives? Inventory of managed things related to this forum? Beliefs? Motivations for being here? Or more? I could answer questions posed by others. Or present questions and answer them! Others have not introduced themselves under this Luke offer; it has been a year since Luke set up this topic. So, I am a bit uneasy starting the run of response to Luke’s offer herein. I’ll edit and further my introduction as time rolls on.

Key holding related to this forum: A simple hand-held single-line single Malay kite system generates some electricity, some sound, some secondary motions, some compressions, some tensions, some trans-positioning of matter, some bending, some form changes, and more as it harvests wind energy by operating in air flow or water flow. A real such scene is never static. The scene is of an AWES where I understand “air” to embrace other fluid-like media; thus a simple single-line kite system may “fly” in a host of media, including air. From such beginning, I envision AWES that may surround the entire Earth at once generating huge amounts of electricity for use in all nations for driving thousands of types of machines and appliances. I embrace in parallel anyone’s discourse as they may define “kite” and collect such variations within a file akiteis.html for the world to explore; readers’ definitions are invited to be sent to me: editor@upperwindpower.com for possible inclusion and attribution.

Son, wife (pregnant with daughter), daughter: in the Santa Monica Pier pier structure years and years ago; they are adjacent to the beach where I do much of my energy-kite experiments where people and lifeguards have been heard saying: “AWEsome!” Same site that had been used so much by the famed artist and kiter Tyrus Wong (Disney-art fame too; Bambi). [Flights of Fancy]