AWE prognosis

I have always agreed with Gipe’s advice, that measuring AWES power should ultimately be done under third party certification standards. Doug is welcome to measure or not, when he experiments, as he pleases.

1. Paul Gipe CAN’T STAND people of your ilk. He is not the nicest guy in town. He has little tolerance for nonsense. You would not enjoy his response to someone like yourself. I wish you;d stop abusing his name.
  2. My CEC-funded research was conducted by by a very professional third party, using certified, calibrated instrumentation, which costs extra.
  3. Why the hell are YOU to tell me I am “welcome to measure”? “Welcome” by whom??? YOU??? What the hell does that even mean? You are no authority. You have not shown us any data after 12 years of your nonsense.
    I think you should stop pretending to answer me. You have no answer. I was not talking to you. I was talking to the rest of the class, who should be holding your feet to the fire demanding you keep your word. If I am the only one here who cares about the truth, there is no reason for anyone else to be here. I don’t need the dirty job of being the only one to staand up to the endless lies.

Now it is time for extensions. Watch out for penalties!

1 Like

Doug,

Paul and I have gotten on well in our email discussions. He is very cordial. We fully agreed on certified AWES power curves. Your certifications were not for AWES, but we all must hope your AWES eventually certify well. Of course you are welcome to measure power just as you wish, meanwhile.

Rod, Pierre,

This is not fighting Doug. Lets only wish him well in his R&D efforts, and hope his own AWE prognosis is good.

1. You are trying to change the subject, as usual. And you don’t “fully agree” with Paul. For example you tried to say wind energy is “too reliant on power-meters”. Stop pretending. Stop name-dropping, Stop trying to change the subject.
  2. I was not talking to you, so there is no need for you to keep pretending you have an answer for me.
  3. I remain convinced the other people on this chat list have the responsibility of insisting you follow through with your recent promise to us all, or not be allowed to post anymore until you do. All we need to do is insist on no more lies, and you will be gone. Pretty simple.

Doug,

Where is the supposed “too reliant” quote from? I searched this site, and you were the match for those words.

Let me be clear, wind energy as a whole has never been “too reliant” on power metering. Certified power curves properly rely on power metering, but not every AWES experiment need rely on metering. You can quote that.

I believe the term you used was “over reliance on power meters” or something close. It was sometime this past summer.
I have discussed this many times since.
YOU know that very well.
This is the first time you’ve tried to deny it.
Why are you suddenly now denying saying that?
Stop lying.
It is just unbelievable that you can so flagrantly lie and that these other sleepwalkng numb-nuts put up with it or don’t even comprehend that they are being lied to on a daily basis, or don’t care.
If you cannot even remember the dumb things you say, it is not my problem.
and I m not buying that you don;t remember, It is just this on-going daily dishonesty that I am just saying there is no talking to you, no resaoning with you, no NOTHING with you. If you said you were going to walk across the street I wouldn’t believe you and I would expect you to come up with some dodge and never admit you said it. You’re 100% unworkable, even for yourself.
Maybe it was on your old forum. Who knows, I just remember the stupid things you say. You can’t expect to say such stupid things every day and have everyone remember when and where they read each stupid thing, each lie, or whatever meaningless items you spew forth into the internet every day.
Are there any other sentient minds on here who remember what people say, or is everyone else brain-dead, or is it that there are only like the same 5 people on here as the last forum, and everyone else is not even on line for today’s festival of lies? If I m the only one able or willing to stand up to your lies, I am in the wrong place and have better things to do. If these people allow you to come here and ruin this venue with daily lies, after ruining your own, they have no standards and are brain-dead.
Meanwhile, where are the results you promised us, Mr. Santos?
WHERE ARE THEY???
To the rest of you, if you would like to stop the nonsense, all you have to do is pin down the liar to any statement he makes, and insist he follow through on what he says. I am picking this statement of him having found a promising solution and his promise to add a generator and dhow us the results. I think he added how surprised or pleased we will all be when he shows us the good news. All lies. All direct lies to you good people. Now it comes down to this: Do you care if you are lied to on a daily basis or not. The whole thing is in your hands.

Doug,

The search function works well on this site. Go get the quote. You have to prove allegations if you want justice.

Here’s an old forum quote-

"On 1/8/2014 10:04 AM, dave santos wrote:

Paul Gipe replied cordially and privately at long length to my recent corrections and standards-critique of his and Mike Barnard’s AWE journalism. He made a most helpful suggestion, that AWE R&D plan on meeting the IEC 6400-12 wind turbine performance certification standard."

While Paul and I may not agree on all AWE issues, we indeed “fully agree” on eventual power measurements, as laid out for wind power certification- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_61400

If you cannot remember what you say, you should not try to engage in conversation. It is not reasonable to pretend to have an honest discourse then deny your words every time someone points put their absurdity. Like I said, it may have been on your old forum. You were defending your absence of power measurements and indeed of generating electricity in your typical fashion, and came up with that memorable gem of wisdom. When you start with the idea of doing other things besides generating electricity, I fully agree, then tell you to go ahead and show us THAT, but, as usual, you, the top AWE researcher in the world for 12 years running, who recently told us all those 12 years had been necessary to finally lead to your latest BREAKTHROUGH, which you said pulled a rope so fast as to burn or melt the rope, and you would be attaching a generator and showing us the results, but you can’t show us any electrical generation, or any other task, such as pumping water, either. You make big claims, then you want them to disappear. I think Snapchat with its disappearing messages is the only venue suitable for your style. And it would help if you were on a venue where the people changed so often that nobody figured out your game. Oh and it would really help if nobody knew anything about wind energy.

You’ve been playing this “exact quote” game for many years. I’ve told you I am not plying that game. If your memory is that bad, then I guess that’s just one more of the impediments that make it so you just can’t hold a conversation.

My memory is pretty good, just look at the old Gipe item quoted, down to the fond memory of his cordiality, and our professional consensus on power measurement standards for AWE.

Sorry if I cannot figure out what you are unable to quote or characterize fairly and accurately. My past posts have not disappeared like SnapChat, so be content that any quote you cannot find is preserved, along with your complaints as well.

Even if I were as bad as you claim, AWE’s prognosis is grand, no harm done. Don’t you have any happy news or progress to share?

Could we just stick with one lie at a time please?
In response to my insistence that you demonstrate, not just talk about, how power-kites could generate electricity crosswind, you finally actually tried it, and announced instant victory to us.
You told us that 12 years of you being the top AWE researcher in the world, while not actually generating significant power, was nonetheless instrumental to your recent victory of operating your new crosswind power-kite configuration using two pulleys, which pulled the rope SO FAST that it burned / melted the rope, so you would be connecting a generator, and getting back to us with the performance.
You rationalized your previous 12 years of BS on this new breakthrough configuration. Meaning you staked your entire reputation, and told us your your entire 12 years of stated experimentation were all finally worth it, due to this one new two-pulley rope-burner, that was to stop burning rope, slowed to a more reasonable speed by the generator you said you would be adding, then we would be excited to her the great results! So I’m just gonna stick with this story, until you do something about it, just like I stuck with your last story of power-kites being the crosswind answer, to get you this far.

You won’t find quotes to support those ideas. Sure we burn rope for years now, but I keep insisting 2030 is the timeframe for AWE to prevail at industrial scale. Meanwhile, the kite skateboard EV is “almost instant”. Quote that.

Be patient. I’ll not give up trying to do something you consider Ok. Now show us more game than just complaining over missing Search results. Enjoy the Kite R&D journey. Show the world you do AWE better than practice Netiquette.

I’m sure I’m not the only one who remembers what you say.
Denying it is easier than following through on what you said you would do.
But it fools nobody.
Why I told Barnard you had no interest in a fair discourse.
If not a fair discourse, why engage in discourse at all? What’s the point?
Changing the subject seems clever but it’s just one more dodge.
And “netiquette” as a term seemed clever when the internet first started, Ah yes, remember Webvan? Netiquette as a term, went out after the 1990’s when you weren’t supposed to send someone an email unless you had prior permission, and several states had made it illegal to send an unsolicited email. But then people decided they didn’t care if they got 100 emails a day from people they didn;t know because of spam-blockers, automatic sorting to different folders, and the fact you might miss something good if you block all emails.
Netiquette: Ever heard about the “netiquette” where you’re not supposed to make false statements during a conversation, then not supposed to deny making those statements when people in the conversatio refer back to those statements?
I guess it’s also just called honesty, forthrightness, integrity, common sense, ya know, basic stuff.

Just stop putting non-existent quotes in quote marks. Nobody in AWE can possibly “remember” a false quote. Gipe is not mean. Nobody in AWE is an “idiot”. There is no “Professor Crackpot”. The power-kite is better than you know. Fly one!

Just a few posts above… here’s me accounting information value qualitatively and pseudo quantitatively.

If that chart had been based on post density, value and direction… Two massive streams of weak links would dominate the chart.
The value not being accounted is debt of time wasted on pointless arguing. The quality of this debt which we are paying forward to future readers is terrible… Sub Prime.
As a moderator of an information exchange… It’s time I reconfigured the rules of engagment.
The market needs to crash.

2 Likes

Rod,

Help keep the factual content correct. Don’t worry about the emotional quoting-barrier side, accept that kite sailing success, for example, needed to be factually supported, and that AWE’s prognosis to meet Paul Gipe’s certification criteria is enhanced by invoking the standards themselves.

Yes, the Eye has prognostic value too. It would be great if you and Ollie would definitively predict Daisy scaling mass prognosis, like just how heavy, how high, and how powerful the unit-Daisy architecture is foreseeable to grow. Lets not let that be stuck either. Is KiteLab’s ~10m unit-spar effective scaling limit assumption too cautious? What about a tornado of AP3s over Pierre’s Rotating Reel circle-track?

Hey, I got a “First” Badge for flagging the DS^2 BS jibe.

I need some help from the other members. I cannot spend any more time trying to overcome lies. I’m not the only one on here reading this endless bragging, endless “disappearing” promises to do build, run, demonstrate, etc.
He is not just making these statements to me, he’s mostly making them to all of you. If you care if someone is telling you lies, then it would be nice if someone would back me up and hold his feet to the fire with regard to these statements he makes to us.
First, I’m going to stop responding to this guy who is endlessly changing the subject. You keep abusing the name off “Paul Gipe” whose entire purpose is debunking people like you (completely absurd!!!), as part of your attempt to try to make what you told us magically go away. ridiculous tactic. And all this is to you is “tactics” in your “war on facts” To me, it;s nothing short of demonic behavior. I have no more time for it.
I’m NOT going to sit here all day trying to find exact quotes as you two have demanded for 12 years every time you talk yourself into a corner. With the old forum, you and Joe’s years of denial that the search function didn;t even work , as you kept demanding people use it, was just one more way in which you two endlessly lied to us all. Now please go away. My life is worth more than being spent debunking endless lies. You guys can have him. I just can’t waste any more time on this guy. You other people, if you care about honest discourse, factual content, and reasonable behavior (“netiquette”) ought to pay attention and YOU should be standing up to this blight on your attempt at an “open forum” into which you allow the guy who ruined his own forum.

Yeah sure Roddy. Make some more rules. That will solve AWE.
I couldn’t read all the teeny writing in your “eye” drawing, but you seem to be having the same problems as the rest of the AWE efforts: over-analysis.
I can’t imagine what all that writing in your eye contains. Seems like it’s far into the land of “too much information”. I think it would have been easier to just build your next project than to construct that “eye”.
And your simulations or renderings were impressive at first, but then it seems like there are too many, and if they are really accurate simulations, why do they hold together while the real turbines fly apart?
Here’s what I’d recommend: Just use your brain. You can do instant simulations in your head and save a lot of busy-work. Some of this stuff doesn’t have to be complicated. Wind energy is easy. Not that mysterious. It’s a “just do it” kind of thing.

1 Like

Doug,

Rather than debunk anyone in AWE, Paul Gipe kindly advised us. Paul has also been kind to your ideas. His wind journalism has never been about bashing folks who try. This is not “abusing” Paul’s name. AWE’s Prognosis is as good as conventional wind has turned out, by the same ready good will of virtually all developers.

Try zooming in on Rod’s Eye, so it’s then legible.

Paul can’t stand people like you. You don’t know him. You only brought up his name to change the subject from your ongoing refusal to do what you said you would do. It was just one more of your deceptive “tactics”. Please stop bothering me and go away.