Kitex update

Nice that Kitex understood that “overspeed protection is not the main thing, it’s the ONLY thing”. ESPECIALLY for a turbine designed for low wind speeds! :slight_smile:

Completely agree for a horizontal axis wind turbine - then it’s one of the main things. For very light structures I may add controlling unwanted vibration modes is the second thing.

I’m uncertain how much of a challenge this will be for AWE. Most airborne concepts has a method of modifying the L/D ratio of the wing. The main question is how much margin you need to stay within limits when depowered - and if the kite can remain stable a very low lift values.

1 Like

These types of issues are what we who actually have the acumen to build wind turbines from scratch end up dealing with. Your average wannabe innovator who makes a few sketches and posts future-promises on the internet has no idea what they would be getting into if they had to develop real machinery. That is when you deal with real issues, that never get mentioned by the armchair-innovators because they don’t even know about them! :slight_smile:

Wow, nice rendering - give that kid a cigar!
My Girl has a Red Dot, Your Girl ain’t Doodley-Squat:

1 Like
1 Like

Looks like the overspeed protection works pretty well.

1 Like