New preprint on large-eddy simulation of airborne wind energy farms

Conference is great but, the beauty of open interactive peer review and this forum is we can ask and answer questions in near real time. (and the travel emissions are less)
Some questions I haven’t been able to find answers to at conference… So I built and tested kite turbines and networks for myself.

Those concepts are still a very rich seem of new AWES understanding with a long future ahead in academia. Network AWES concepts and designs were published openly before I started Windswept. They still are being published openly and they are easy to replicate on exceptionally low budgets.

I wish companies were magic money trees. Since forming W&I has still to profit from our R&D. We have certainly built value though. The only financial support in our early work was to support university studies.

If it is the case that

It would be helpful to have a network graph assessing the thread depth of these assumptions in successive papers on developing technologies - it could indicate a reliability/risk/value of continuing the work in a given direction.

Very keen to find and help universities interested in automating or testing automated kite turbines

1 Like

@rschmehl
I think my question for top AWES academics will have to be…
What evidence do you need from kite turbine network designs and tests before they become interesting enough to study?