Off-topic comments split from [All about knots]

I and others asked for third-party references to support this claim. @kitefreak did not give any. It is of course on the person making the claim to support it. To avoid annoyance from the departure of good engineering discussion practice and the appearance of self-promotion, and the heightened chance of your posts getting moderated, please be ready to support your claims with relevant evidence when asked.

I’ll move the comment and the rest of the replies here.

I’ll moderate the original topic fairly narrowly to be about practical knowledge about knots.

Comments about this can go to Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion - #241 by Rodread like always.

Right… Third-party reference agreeing with this statement? If you can’t find that please edit this out.

Why this need to claim things @kitefreak?
First I don’t care and second It just makes yourself annoying for no reasons.

Olivier, kPower has advanced kite knots and rigging more than anyone else in AWE. If you do not care, you cannot be annoyed.

I don’t care that you did it first, I am annoyed by you always claiming things, so I say it

The state of the art concerning only kPower, not more.

Only as long as nobody else is so good at knots.

You should prove it with the search report of your patent, if you have it. Otherwise, these are just empty claims.

@kitefreak I ask the same.

Ok.

Let Kitefreak think he is the kok! Like this one @kitefreak? King of Knot!

And don’t forget to reply to @pierre about a third party reference saying you are the Kok. It seems you did not reply to the question.

============== deleted ===============

Not sure can you make a NOT gate with knots or not?

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Questions and complaints about moderation.

Windy Skies: “I’ll moderate the original topic fairly narrowly to be about practical knowledge about knots.”

Unfair. The original topic is “All about knots”. Windy Skies is redefining the topic, removing both mathematical knot theory, and kite-specific knots, which are the most practical of all in AWE.

I am the topic starter so I can of course, from greater insight from the passage of time and experience, get a better insight into what would be a helpful topic to have on here, and narrow the focus of the topic.

Most of the stuff here was just off-topic so my comment was mostly targeted at that.

I don’t know how many comments you made that you considered on-topic. Let’s use this as an example:

I would like the topic to gather info so that someone looking at a physical knot, or searching for physical knots to use, will have an easier time finding potential knots to use and analyzing and researching them. This forum is for discussion about making physical products after all, not for advancing a field of mathematics.

This comment of yours is completely useless for that. You vaguely reference discussions without linking to them and you point to a topic in mathematics without explaining how understanding that topic would help someone understand physical knots better.

I agree that despite having made some amazing kites and trying to share the work usefully @kitefreak has made some hugely overblown unjustified claims

Just post the picture of the mainline with prussick, fig 8 on the bight, larks heads etc
A good description of the presented work
And maybe a link to a good knot resource

Great it’s in a post now so… That is as good as marking it out for anyone who later cares to look for a world leading authority.

The physics of knots, knot theory and braiding is also very useful and important. That should be included.
It will also be relevant to those who recognise the importance of networked AWES lines.

kPower will insist that it has advanced the state of the art in kite knots, from Mothra tech, with the pioneering manufacture of over a thousand standard knot-parts, that enabled quick assembly of the 300m2 wing and its sisters, to the PTO and Looping Kite rigs based on kite knots.

Moderators seem unable to provide the best industrial knot references, or indentify any AWE player with comparable or superior kite knot expertise to kPower, as documented by the graphics purged from “All about Knots”.