Per-Year AWE-Sector Activity Shares

Dave can be right because the Earth is billions of years old. By comparison “hundreds of millions of years old” can apply to a “newborn baby”. That said there will be a problem if one says that the Earth is also an airborne wind energy system.

“per year” redundancy might be suppressed for some items, but in the suppression, one need not be absenting understanding on the following point. Each year, one may see that the Earth is being a firm element of AWES, a mechanical part of many energy kite systems. Such may not have to be said over and over again in each per-year report; but understanding many sorts of AWE machine would understand how Earth is a mechanical part of many AWES. Recall: KiteMill’s system involves Earth as part of its AWES; KiteMill employs Earth to make possible electric generation by using Earth as the element that allows tension by anchoring; the Earth is the opposing “wing” of the aerial wing.
Earth-----Line----AerialWing.

This time the talk about beaming energy by microwave from altitude to earth is via the military…
Seems you were right to have concerns about militarization @dougselsam

Seems like beams for providing power would at some point just be used to directly fry the enemy. Once established, anyone you don’t like gets to be the receiver. Great technology to pursue - what could possibly go wrong? (reminds me of virus labs…) Meanwhile, wait, we’re going to “fight global warming” by increasing the total amount of solar energy reaching earth’s surface??? It would be nice if people could think things through once in a while, just a little bit… OK so anyway I guess now that we’re on a Joe Faust topic, “shares” (Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood?), we’ve veered completely away from airborne wind energy, back into outer space again. In my opinion, to keep trying to point out such a myriad of activities as something that should somehow be studied as part of AWE is the same thing as just giving up on AWE entirely due to not having any AWE solutions to offer. I say give it a break.

1 Like

Is this comprised in Per-Year AWE-Sector Activity Shares? If no, an airship reaching “unlimited flight autonomy with 100% solar energy” may still be considered an interesting innovation, with perhaps possible outlets … in AWE field.