Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

I will flag the two last @kitefreak’s posts.

These attacks are not acceptable.

I precise I have not flagged the post on Multi-Body AWES Computation - #6 by kitefreak although the tone is not respectful, but remains acceptable compared to some other @kitefreak’s posts.

Pierre,

Any “attack” you want to make is acceptable. I won’t bother to flag.

Let me have my opinions about trolls. If you were censored by an anonymous party, that would be a troll.

These two posts have reappeared. I flag them again.

I am of a mind to relax the enforcement of the rules in this hidden topic. It’s either that or I’ll have to delete any post that was edited just to show up again without taking out the problematic parts.

Both are possible. The basic problem is that @kitefreak does not accept the rules, doing as he pleases, just like in the old forum. Until when?

The Old Forum “rule” (mission) was RAD (Rapid AWE Development, meaning ASAP). There were no anonymous moderator trolls, no flags, no mistrust levels for new members, and many other bugs.

I have read this Forum’s Guidelines carefully. Its the moderation team that is most in violation of the spirit and letter of the rules. As a rule, I have worked hard to contribute good content, and should not be censored as I am.

When will it stop? The Old Forum has gone about 12 years and lingers on in archives. No technical content was ever censored. Let this Forum do as well.

Your posting is improving, outside of this hidden topic. If you don’t find the FAQ very clear, you can try using these more spelled out set of rules as a guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/AskEngineers/wiki/rules#wiki_comment_rules

No, my posting only appears “improved” to the anonymous censor by heavy censorship.

I am posting just as I should without regard to your bungling of moderation. Lots of messages remain hidden that should be restored, like kite knot art.

My posting has been greatly harmed by the censorship, not improved.

You benefit from @Windy_Skies’s encouragement. This should comfort you.

No Pierre, Windy Skies encourages you, and you him.

Its my many kite teachers who encourage me. None of them are technically ignorant anonymous authorities. None of them censor anyone.

This post caused my account to be suspended. Its a useful opinion, on-topic.

"Windy Skies has just censored the most standard way to archive anything (server backups).

Stay away from futzing with code. Save that for actual AWES R&D.

Make sure paranoid hosting does not hide secret content from bots, and the cloud will automatically back up everything."

You’ve made essentially the same off-topic comment five times. When they get flagged or deleted you don’t go here or elsewhere to comment, you just paste the same comment in the topic again. That’s no good. That topic is not about censorship so don’t try making it be about censorship.

1 Like

Any Topic of mine messed with by Windy Skies without my approval is censorship. I will resist until Windy Skies stops.

What happened to being “chomped” by “sharks”? Sharks do not censor, cowards do.

All long as the supressed superior technical content is not restored (eg. All about Knots), the complaints stand.

Once again, crude Topic Splitting is thwarting the writer’s intent, and harming sharing, just as Cosine Functions, Analytic Kite Philosophy, etc. were wrongly put in Lounge or Scrapyard.

“CNC Foam Cutting” topic ignores manual hot wire cutting, and the details provided for KiteMotor’s non-CNC foam rotor blades.

Are we back to having to delete wrongly moved posts? Is free-ranging discussion without interference now impossible?

Moderators are clearly far more obsessed with petty moderation than lost technical content, removed in protest, or deleted by moderators.

Once again, Topic Splitting thwarts the writer’s intent, just as Cosine Functions, Analytic Kite Philosophy, etc. were wrongly put in Lounge or Scrapyard.

“CNC Foam Cutting” topic ignores manual hot wire cutting, and the details provided for KiteMotor’s non-CNC foam rotor blades.

Are we back to having to delete wrongly moved posts? Is free-ranging discussion without interference now impossible?

Ironic to see the illustrious Dave Santos finally being censored, rather than being protected by Joe Faust’s censorship on the old forum. That censorship was so blatant, so annoying, so unfair, so completely biased, it was absurd. It was like DaveS was a cheating kid on a little-league baseball team, and Joe was his dad, who “just happened” to a) own the baseball field, and b) serve as the umpire. The daily absurd statements, hyperbolic claims, bad advice, inaccurate derogatory musings, and outright lies could not be countered. Joe would come up with any reason, similarly absurd and inaccurate, to shield his “kid” from the normal rules of meaningful discourse, with zero impartiality, and zero respect for the time taken to try to counter the firehose of disinformation, and delete the accurate and true post. For years Santos would deny having said whatever bizarre statement was protested, demanding an exact quote. When the fact that the Yahoo Groups search function did not work properly was brought up, he would deny that too, for years, until at some point he had to acknowledge it. The whole time I wished these two could feel what it was like to waste your time writing something, only to have some arbitrary “moderator” destroy it before anyone had a chance to read it. Well what goes around comes around. Now that your “daddy” doesn’t own the playing field and serve as the unelected “umpire”, you get a small taste of what others suffered through for years of trying to stand up to what were in many cases just plain old outright lies.

@dougselsam, this comment is off-topic. Also from https://forum.awesystems.info/faq remember to criticize ideas, not people .

If you see a problem, flag it.

“Whale-bumps” so far have been, at best, a minor distraction in wind energy.
Haven’t heard anything about that “Whale Power” company lately.
Much like the “birds” “issue”, such topics gain traction due to being something the average non-wind-energy person can “understand” (or think they understand).
Look at the “comments” section after wind energy article and videos, and you’re sure to see quite a few “opinions” about “birds”. Most of the rest decry the “ignorance” of not using vertical-axis machines. Why? What else can the average person grasp about energy in any form? Let alone energy from wind which is invisible?
Most people don’t even know the difference between a kW and a kWh, using the terms interchangeably. They can’t speak about various airfoils, chord, angles, pitch and pitch control, twist, blade construction, wear, longevity, all the stuff that matters, but they can easily think deeply enough to repeat a mention of whalebumps.
So, in a simplified version of reality, where everything must be boiled down to ever-changing slogans and buzzwords, this kind of stuff can make a big splash, regardless of whether it is actually useful or not.

@dougselsam, off-topic and not a technical critique.

Amazing how many years it takes for a small percentage of AWE people to grasp the most basic ABC’s of real wind energy.