Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

@dougselsam, off topic. The topic is for linking studies and discussing the studies linked.

And of course the overriding concern of the self-inflicted “moderators” is flagging accurate insights and observations in online forums as “off-topic” - unchanged for the entire span of over a decade of AWE “development”…

@dougselsam, did you reply to the wrong thread? You posted in my AWE research topic but are talking about another discussion.

WindySkies you have somehow moved my post to a different topic, just like the last forum.
The delusion of most people on this forum seems to be that they will ever be involved in wind energy. My own delusion seems to be that I can ever participate with facts or honest opinions in an online AWE forum fairly. Wish I could have all the time back I’ve wasted trying to help people see reality. You guys have fun pretending…

My account has been wrongly censored for months, and once again is reset to beginner-limits, which is not workable to fill in all the backlog of technical content (~100 topics).

The Moderators have never had to experience any account limitations nor censorship, even when they often post below the standard they police.

There has never been any mitigation nor reform by this secret complaint process. This Forum is not a welcoming place for technical sharing nor free-speech.

The public has no idea what they are missing here, because the draconian censorship is covered up. JoeF’s content remains the primary source of AWE news and information.

For over a decade of “the old forum”, partly run by this now-complaining person, kitefreak, under the name daveS, and his internet “partner-in-crime”, Joe Faust, my attempts to post factual content were routinely censored, removed, eliminated, etc. There seemed to be no limit to how trivial or, in my opinion, outright dishonest the “reasons” given could be. Yet their own completely whacky posts were of course allowed ad infinitum, since it was only them who had the power to remove posts - of course their own posts must be 100% correct, right? It was excruciating to have one’s carefully-written posts, which took a lot of my valuable time, simply eliminated. About halfway through the old forum, normal people got to the point of just routinely calling daveS a liar, which of course was not allowed by Joe, even if you could prove what daveS had said was wrong, Joe would rationalize censoring your post by saying you could not prove daveS’ actual intent to deceive. Nonetheless, enough posts flagging this lying behavior snuck through to make the point.
Like I say, no limit to the absurdity of their rationale for constant censorship, and ironically, it was only things that were true that were censored. If someone posted that the moon was made of green cheese, that would be fine. But if you countered that it was really made of rock, that was a problem.

The really sad thing was I got very little out of the forum, but was rather trying to help others see the realities of wind energy, whereas the people running the old forum preferred their own fantasies as a substitute for the reality of people new to wind energy repeating the same basic mistakes of the past, thinking they were introducing revolutionary breakthroughs.
Meanwhile these guys poisoned their own forum with constant injections of complete nonsense, easily disproven. What they said yesterday was off-limits to discuss the next day, since whatever they had said would turn out to be false as time rolled on.

These guys took every fact offered as chipping away at their fantasy-world, and rather than forthrightly showing the ability to fully engage in the open discussions they had advertised, thinking their role was to silence any voice that challenged their fantasy-world.

My daily wish, for over a decade, (which I thought could never happen), was for these two guys to ever experience what it was like to be the person being censored, rather than the person censoring. I never thought my wish would be realized, so to me, the present situation is too good to be true. He’s finally gotten a tiny taste of his own medicine.

It’s an example of something I’ve noticed over the years. If you know you are right about something, a thousand people being wrong about it does not change the fact that you are right. The other thing is, when you stick to what you know is right, eventually, if you are lucky, you may be surprised to find that, no matter how many years you suffered, eventually things can turn around. The irrational oppressors can eventually find out what it is like to suffer the same sort of oppression they had previously implemented. Yes, it can happen.

So, if you know you are being treated unfairly in any situation, and it goes on for year after year, do not give up hope. Remain patient. At some point the pendulum may swing in your favor, even in just some small way, and, while this forum does have pretty-much the same exact problem with censoring facts versus entertaining fantasies as the previous forum, at least it is a small consolation that the previous bullies do in fact get to experience what it is like to have to put up with people acting as they did.

By the way, the fact that this entire “topic”, “Questions and Complains about Moderation” is not listed under “latest” and is in fact a hidden topic, is exactly the type of self-serving, tilted-playing-field, dishonest shenanigans these two guys routinely implemented in their endless attempts to shut down any factual content from their old forum.

From what I hear, this same kind of dishonest, tilted-playing-field “moderation” has become de rigeur across the internet lately. Some things never change. My take is it is a personality flaw associated with the urge to host a forum in the first place. While the stated objective is an open forum where various points of view can be aired, the real reason seems to be to promote one’s own point of view exclusively and eliminate any dissent or deviation from that paradigm, whether correct or not.

Doug is mistaken. I never controlled his Old Forum posting because I never was a Moderator. He has never been able to produce a copy of a wrongly censored post as evidence. Thousands of his posts remain publicly archived, exactly as he wrote them. Nor has he ever proven anyone lied.

You’re using the wrong adverb. See some of the posts above for some clarification on moderation practice and how to avoid your posts getting moderated.

See? There he goes again. Never skips a beat.

I stand by my claim that New Forum censorship is wrongful. The proper way to avoid censorship is to oppose it, not accept it.

Here is a sample item I could not post under suspension-

Olympus-Mons-multi-r

Just like the old forum. Glad to see you having a taste of your own medicine.

Lets be glad AWE is progressing so wonderfully. Censorship and accusations of lying are nothing to be glad about.

Getting close to beginner limit on posting. Moderation should take responsibility for the outcome of its actions.

Censorship will never progress wonderfully. Let Pierre imagine otherwise, in a hidden complaint topic.

As for the quality of moderation from the old forum to the new forum. Both quality of moderation and AWE are progressing wonderfully.

And so it will be, same as before

Doug,

Console yourself that my Martian Energy ideas were successfully censored on this Forum. Its too much ask that TUDelft should also be censored for raising the Martian AWE topic.

Its true that Mars wind is too thin to promise much, but I figured hanging the kites in mid-air would be helpful during occasional storms. The gravity-mass rope-drive energy hybrid idea was the novel crux of my scheme, and that’s not even AWE, but something for NASA and SpaceX to consider, on topic.

Its true that Joe and I have done our bit to spoil your wished-for Ice Age. At least Pierre is contented every which way. Lets welcome his complete joy over New Forum moderation, AND AWE progress. Minesto in fact does have an “engineering delay”, right on the brink of commissioning, but that news has so far been suppressed here, by the suspension of my account.

At least you are “glad” now at my treatment. Best of luck with your AWES R&D as well. No one can take away the Popular Science version of your vision of the future of AWE. Life is good.

Doug’s terrific post is gone!

So many AWE records being lost… when will it stop?

I’ve counted the number of posts per day of the most prolific posters on this forum over the last month, excluding from you. Averaged between them all the number doesn’t exceed one post per day. I think they all exercise some kind of self-censorship or don’t have time to post more. Both of these apply to me in any case.

To not have one voice dominate, I’ll limit the number of comments from you to around 2 or 3 per day, depending on the circumstances, and new topics to around 1 per 2 days. These numbers may change based on the quality of your posting. Inviting public or private input from @Tom, @Rodread, @tallakt, and @PierreB.

Your above picture about Mars is low quality content for example. No sources given and not well-thought-out.

What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence. ~ Christopher Hitchens

1 Like

The Mars Energy graphic was just a sample of what has been suppressed. There is a lot of explanatory text behind it, as sent to Windy’s mailbox for proof. Its was “not well thought out” of Windy (Luke) to “assert without evidence” that graphic was intended to stand by itself. In any case, its not public here, no matter how novel and significant the core ideas may be to Mars exploration.

Moderation dominates here, as posting statistics prove. Moderators hold hundreds of good posts hidden in their mailboxes, under censorship. Many more posts now exist that they may never see, maybe not even curious to see. Clearly that practice of Moderation is “not well thought out”. Doug is correct that Windy-posting is unsourced, coming from an anonymous authority too ashamed to be known.

The public can properly wonder why this Forum is so weirdly limited. It is because of the secret wrongful suppression enforced by the Moderators who dominate. I removed the LEI-scaling post that Tallak did not find worthy, and also the kPower offer to help with Makani auction items.

There have been no public posts of mine for months now (only a TUD LEI scaling quote, to correct a false impression). Moderator voices dominate without restriction.

Hitchens’ prescription of “dismiss(al) without evidence” is the exact fallacy circularly failed to be disproven. Where is his evidence? Many celebrated scientific conjectures often began “without (sufficient) evidence,” which only came later. Hitchen’s own brother pegged him as a “Stalinist”. Abuse of authority behind a mask is quintessentially Stalinist.

Dave I actually removed it myself. Thanks at least for noticing the post while it stood…

Not even allowed to edit my posts anymore. Except for this one, right now, until some beginner setting times-in. What a sorry place to freely share AWE knowledge.

Pierre is out of luck if he wanted a public reply to his scaling post. I will wait until new technical content can be posted freely, in quantity, without Moderation interference.

No doubt many players are wary of this Forum, where Moderators generally outnumber visitors, and censorship prevails.