Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

Hmmmm, It sounds cool…
As long as my house isn’t blown off the nest like this little albatross chick waiting for the energy to come home… And the daddy albatross recognises where to drop the energy packet…
sad :cry:

OK… I may have taken that analogy too far now.

1 Like

Do not worry. Your “comment” is already as far as possible from this topic.

You can flag a comment if you think it is off-topic, or something else.

You rightly move this off-topic mockery with my answer of course. I flag very few posts. I have only sent a private message to @Rodread. I cannot reproduce his answer here, and flagging his message is not more needed.

1 Like

Everyone knows what “likes” are. Duh. This looks like the typical degeneration of an “AWE discussion” to people nitpicking the style of posts, trying to censor each other, etc. Sad that people have such a urge to control what others say. I guess when you have nothing left to say about AWE, you can project your vast power by saying what you think other people should be allowed to say. Maybe whether their joke is valid, etc. Well as long as we’re talking about our local weather conditions, here, we’re expecting a blizzard here in Southern California. Global warming. I hope no movie stars have their hair messed up!
Active Weather Alerts
Winter Storm Warning
Issued: 4:32 AM Nov. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service

…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 AM WEDNESDAY TO
10 PM PST FRIDAY…

• WHAT…Heavy snow expected. Travel will be very difficult to
    impossible, including on Wednesday and Thanksgiving. Damage to
    trees and power lines is possible. Total snowfall accumulations
    of 3 to 6 inches between 4000 and 4500 feet, 6 to 18 inches from
    4500 to 5500 feet, and from 1 to 3 feet above 5500 feet.
    Snowfall for lower elevations below 4000 feet of 1 to 3 inches,
    mostly for late Thursday through Friday. Strong southwest winds
    are likely on Wednesday with gusts 50 to 70 mph along the ridges
    and desert slopes.

• WHERE…The San Bernardino County mountains, Riverside County
    mountains, Santa Ana Mountains, and the San Diego County
    mountains, mostly above 5500 feet on Wednesday, above 4500 feet
    for Wednesday night and Thursday, and above 3000 to 3500 feet
    for Thursday night through Friday.

• WHEN…4 AM Wednesday to 10 PM Friday.

• ADDITIONAL DETAILS…Be prepared for significant reductions in
    visibility at times.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

A Winter Storm Warning for snow means severe winter weather
conditions are expected. If you must travel, keep an extra
flashlight, food and water in your vehicle in case of an
emergency.

For road condition information in California…enter
8 0 0 4 2 7 7 6 2 3 if inside california or
9 1 6 4 5 5 7 6 2 3 if outside California.

Flash Flood Watch
Issued: 4:14 AM Nov. 26, 2019 – National Weather Service

…FLASH FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY
EVENING…

The National Weather Service in San Diego has expanded the

• Flash Flood Watch to include a portion of southwest
    California…including the following…Riverside County …
    Mountains…San Bernardino County Mountains…San Diego County
    Mountains and San Gorgonio Pass Near Banning.

• From late tonight through Thursday evening.

• Rainfall of 2 to 3 inches is possible, especially on coastal
    mountain slopes. Rainfall rates in excess of one-half inch per
    hour are possible in the stronger showers and isolated
    thunderstorms, which could result in flash flooding.

• The snow level will be lowering with heavy rainfall
    transitioning the heavy snowfall as the snow level lowers. The
    threat for flash flooding is greatest in the mountains below
    5500 feet through Wednesday, below 4500 to 5000 feet for
    Wednesday night through Thursday, and on the lowest elevations
    of the mountains for Thursday evening.

• Locally heavy rainfall could produce flash flooding, with the
    greatest threat in steep terrain, especially in and below
    recently burned areas. Flooding of poorly drained and urban
    areas will also occur, presenting a hazard for motorists.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…

A Flash Flood Watch means that conditions may develop that lead
to flash flooding. Flash flooding is a very dangerous situation.

Monitor forecasts and be prepared to take action should Flash
Flood Warnings be issued.

I interpret the Math & Physics category to be about better understanding the Math and Physics of AWE.

You have not demonstrated “cosine gain” to have prior usage in AWE. It is instead your own work. Until it has more support I don’t think it has a place in the Math & Physics forum. We go there to learn more about the Math & Physics surrounding AWE, not read about and argue with a man making up words.

1 Like

Windy Skies,

Engineering science is not helped by your intolerance of any original technical usage, under your moderation.

At least the term “Cosine Gain” has hereby been introduced in AWE, for those able to understand its basis across all disciplines.

Once again, all the other non-controversial technical sharing, like where “cosine loss” was first applied, is crudely moderated by you.

A category for “kite art” could be open, allowing using data and terms from the art, and that are not taken into account in pure science.

I agree engineering is the art of applying science
not the practice of applying art as fact

Windy Skies, Its unhelpful to move non-renewable Methane Clathrates content to Climate Change Denialism. Doug and I both believe in Climate Change, just not on details. Its really unhelpful to writers to repeatedly be moving their posts for your own reasons, like putting valid cosine factors discussion in the Scapyard. Methane itself is not really an AWE topic.

Now you have moved this post from the site of the complaint. Stop moderating as you do or reveal your identity so we can judge you fairly.

1 Like

@kitefreak, the methane topic is about

Doug’s post belongs elsewhere. Your comment about moving the comments also belongs elsewhere.

You moved my point that Methane Clathrate is not renewable energy.

We are already producing too much Methane by Natural Gas production and Climate Change itself. Your Topic is what most amounts to Climate Change Denialism, by suggesting we should use AWE to make more Methane.

To preserve the context of that comment. Without the context it’s a pretty superfluous point to make as we all should know it’s not renewable energy or should know it isn’t after reading the Wikipedia page you linked.

I’ve clarified the topic of the post:

Still implicit is that it is about using the Sabatier reaction or similar to produce the methane, and that it is about the whole chain from production to use. And also about exploring how methane is used currently and will be in the future. This is still implicit as I would ideally like to keep the discussion relatively open.

Its rather late to change the topic, especially to an even more dubious idea, turning fine renewable AWE electricity into crappy greenhouse Methane.

The questions and complaints over Windy Skies’ anonymous capricious “moderation” stand; not once has he or she responded to complaints. Its still unclear if we are dealing with a child or someone hiding a wrongful past or motive. We are certainly not dealing with someone who knows that “to produce methane on earth, using electricity” only makes sense in a context of Climate Change Denialist ignorance.

Might as well use AWE electricity to drill for natural gas, if more methane were wanted.

Every energy storage method has upsides and downsides. Feel free to list them in the relevant topics, preferably with links to more info.

There are some applications that can’t do without hydrocarbons, better to make them from the air and water than to drill for them.

Also, the topic is not limited to earth. I guess I could delete that part.

Wind electricity itself is already the least entropic cleanest energy in our palette. Storing precious AWE as artificially manufactured Methane seems inferior to every other storage concept that does not involve creating potent greenhouse gas or radioactive fuel.

The urgent quest is to solve AWE, rather than study its least promising secondary uses.

Moderators should be as generally knowledgeable as those they moderate.

These comments from @dougselsam

https://forum.awesystems.info/t/windswept-and-interesting/935/7

https://forum.awesystems.info/t/windswept-and-interesting/935/10

Go against https://forum.awesystems.info/faq so they were deleted.

1 Like

See: Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion - #192 by Windy_Skies

1 Like