Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

You made the ad hoc and self-serving claim above that anything sent to you is not private. I’ll guess anything you send out is not private then also. I’ll use that excuse anyway to post here this silliness you sent me:

Nothing really new here, but it does reaffirm your position. You’re also a terrible advocate for your own case.

I think I can do two obvious things in response, accept it at face value and put you in time out until you’ve let the moderation team know you’ve changed your position, or ignore it and deal with any issues that arise from that position (like repeatedly resubmitting or editing a moderated post instead of appealing the decision in the appropriate place) when they arise – which could result in longer and longer time outs if those issues arise quickly after the end of a previous time out.

I guess unbeknownst to you, I have been acting as an advocate on your behalf since you started posting here, just in my trying to be a fair moderator and being lenient in the enforcement of the rules and being overly verbose, in an effort to try to guide your posting in the right direction. Since you are not showing enough evidence of growth and you are trying to post a lot, exacerbating any issue and exhausting the patience of the moderation team, I have to give more priority to the other forum members or readers, present and future, and be more strict.

You’re like a cat trying to catch the light from a laser. I don’t know how much light cares about being called names. If you want to argue your case, make clear how the comment currently under consideration does not violate the rules, preferably using language and logic that a 10-year-old is able to follow.

From the above, a third less obvious option emerges: if you are not willing to accept me as an advocate on your behalf (and you being such a terrible advocate yourself), perhaps you could try to recruit another advocate on your behalf. Joe comes to mind. But understand that my goal is to move your position, not that of the forum.

You yourself also of course have options. You could go fly a kite to clear your mind, you could ignore any moderator action, you could change your position, you could stop posting, you could recruit an advocate, you could propose a change to the rules, and so on.

It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so. – anonymous