Simple-to-build, cost-effective, scalable AWES

I hope this post was sarcastic. I really hope the person posting was joking. I think we covered this drag-based vertical-axis disaster before, because when I pulled up the video, it was already part way through playing, indicating I had already been watching it, and I recognized the people in it. Then when I saw the geared overspeed protection I remembered it more clearly. This is a very typical Savonius extreme-know-nothing-newbie waste of time and money. They will probably never even have a product available. As it is now, you can buy a coffee cup, a sweatshirt, or a hat: Collections – Harmony Turbines

I’m actually surprised these guys are wasting the time to interview this company. Know-nothings, interviewing know-nothings, with even more know-nothings promoting the video, and still more know-nothings investing in the company. Well, that should not surprise us at this point, since, as we’ve been finding out, most people know nothing about wind energy, and even PhD’s make all the typical beginner mistakes.

The desperate tactic of showing of a picture of a real wind turbine on fire (very rare) and denigrating regular wind turbines as “stupid” is typical for such projects. As though that rescues them from the first stupid move - placing any turbine in someone’s backyard, between houses and trees, at a low height. Let alone promoting one more Savonius. Tempting to build, but aerodymanically, the numbers are way, way, way against the design.

The talk of how it is better because “the owner wants to see it spin” even while admitting it is making no power at low wind speeds, is also a desperate dodge of reality. What they are tacitly admitting is it is nothing but a feel-good backyard decoration - a kinetic sculpture that pretends they are saving the world by wasting time and materials to create no energy.

They still have no product available, and as usual "all progress is “in the future” (and always will be). They are now looking for a machine shop helper. That’s because of all the steel and gearing being wasted on this monstrosity. And like all the rest of these - dare I say it(?) - idiots - they have the nerve to call regular wind turbines “ugly” whereas theirs is really nothing but an opaque and complicated-looking eyesore.

I’m pretty sure I’ve already debunked this lack-of-a-breakthrough here in the recent past. Amazing how they are just all the same - one idiot after another, always with the same “new idea”, over and over. Obviously it will never end. Obviously the world will never run out of wind-energy-idiots. And it is self-inflicted idiocy, since anyone could take the time to learn about wind energy and the mistakes of the past.

OK, so, once again, I’ve done my duty. And I’ll say it again, because sometimes sarcasm doesn’t come thru in written text: I truly hope the person posting this debacle was joking! In the company of real wind people, this is nothing but comedy, but it also has a sad note to it.

On the one hand it makes us feel good that we know more about wind energy and would never fall for something like this… right? RIGHT??? But on the other hand, it is sad to see so many otherwise possibly-intelligent people talking such stupid and uneducated nonsense. Even the amount of material going into this hunk-of-junk should be a big red flag.