Slow Chat II

You are misquoting me. I posted a photo of the turbine powering this message, on a 120-foot-tall lattice tower, with 3 levels of guy wires. (Most smaller turbines have guy wires.) It reminds me of a too-heavy AWE system that weighs several tons, with 9 “tethers” 120 degrees apart, but with the antigravity provided by compressive strength of the tower, replacing the need to launch and land, with the turbine designed t9o automatically “fly” itself.

“I” did not “discount” guy wires. I merely reported (for those too asleep to notice), that the utility-scale wind energy industry does not use guy wires, and that I was trying to understand the reasons why. SO, as usual, I state the simplest facts, and the typical head-in-the-sand, wind-idiots want to somehow accuse me of something, for stating such simple facts.

Oh, interesting. I thought “the whole point of AWE” was to “replace hardware with software” and “eliminate those terrible “windtowers””.

Why bother telling me? If you think they should be using guy wires on their towers, tell it to the existing wind energy industry. Tell them they should start using guyed towers. Or look into it yourself, and figure out why they don’t, if you are truly interested in the subject. I proposed a few possible reasons. I’d love to hear what they say, after you’ve researched the topic and been told why they do not use guy wires for utility-scale turbines, if those reasons go beyond the possible reasons I’ve already listed. Or maybe they’ve never considered that you don’t see any reason that they should not take an example from suspension bridges, and start using guy wires, and they need to hear from you, with your better understanding of the space than they are capable of. Yup, the perpetual wind newbies:
“I’ll bet they’ve never thought of using guy wires!” Uh huh - sure…