Slow Chat III

I notice a similar phenomenon in product reviews.
Half of them are written before the buyer even tries the product!
“Fast shipping - 5 stars***** !!!”
I’m currently looking at reviews on certain LED light bulbs at Home Depot (trying to avoid the short-life and radio interference of cheap Asian LED bulbs ordered online).

Always check the one-star reviews first!
The one-star reviews are from people who have used the product for some time, and found out they do not have the advertised life. In the case of these particular LED bulbs, rated to last 13 years, multiple bulbs fail in weeks or months for many writing one-star reviews, with the buyers declaring them “unacceptable”.

The 5-star reviews are from overenthusiastic true-believers who say things like “I’ve calculated these will last for 13.5 years, and they are mercury-free - blah blah blah…” with all kinds of optimistic forward-looking predictions, with their predictions based on the advertising lies about cheap products made overseas, earning the 5-stars.

Similar to AWE and EVTOL enthusiasm: The hype is all around forward-looking statements, but in this case. it’s even worse! You can’t even find any actual reviews of users because there ARE NO USERS, because there IS NO PRODUCT!

Well, unless you believe the single online article Pierre found indicating one company had sold 5 systems… I think we’ve already covered the fact that almost every online article about any new wind energy system amounts to nothing but innocently naive predictions by know-nothings, to complete lies by rip-off artists or struggling entrepreneurs pressured to keep their stock price up. :slight_smile: