Slow Chat

An interesting solution? Especially because it counters the rotation forces.
Does that mean that with the right anchors the tower can itself, be prevented from over rotating? Would this work for both upwind and down wind? In my mind it like that safety latch on doors. in this case, in the opposite direction to prevailing winds.

I’d imagine your going to need some extremely beefy anchors? Cables being 310mm diameter and up? In old English that about a 1ft in diameter.
With that in mind? What is the risk of the line snapping under repeated loading?

If you are taking slack lines into account? With various tidal range? Being able to operate in various weather conditions? Id worried the moment a force 9 Gale blew through it wouldn’t end up on its back? 82km/h winds.

The model also shows still conditions. I’m not all too sure how that will translate to open oceans? As you do get?

Know to sink shipping for generations. How would that translate to a tower system? Keep in mind you just spent a few million getting that far? Then the beast of our oceans comes to wrench your plans? If you got a whole farm? That going to be expensive and costly to fix?

Just something to consider as your designing a turbine?
How do you stop its self destruction mode in adverse conditions? Something mr @dougselsam always points out?
If It does self destruct? the environment clean up will be equally costly?
As it running cost and hiring a recovery vessel? Easy 1000 man hours before you get started? That’s being conservative?

Is the idea worth pursuing? Yes! but only in the sense of fore-planning for the time being? If you can you may want to see if you can get it into a wave pool? May help recreate some conditions it will encounter in the open ocean? Just to see how it performs then? Help sometimes to have independent results? Then cross reference to other studies into naval and marine engineering? Would give you a better platform to work from?
Great start though! A good approach! Using the wind to stabilise the tower.
If you get the chance? take a look and hydrometer designs? or the ship that’s called flip?

Always wanted a go? Would be awesome to see a turbine built this way? Good luck!