Syroco Concept Preview

Looks nice. So, I gather the fuse and kite are radio controlled at this point. Radio controlling the subsea part would be difficult unless you have some kind of subsea camera system?

What I am seeing right now is that the flying speed of the kite is maybe not aligned with the fuselage? The fuselage has pretty small flaps and looks like it would fly comfortably at somewhere around 40-60 m/s, while the inflatable kite, I am not sure how well it would hold up at more than 30 m/s? The main problem being the amount of force it would generate at higher windspeeds vs the strength of the build…

I think this could explain why the fuselage seems more stabilized by the tension of lines rather than the flaps on the tail.

:slight_smile:

Brilliant to see the effort you have gone to.
Those lines do look like they took a beating a few times.
It’s a real achievement to have control that dialled in already.
Reckon it was a good idea to test at this scale before releasing the big beast version.

Of course I haven’t looked, but I don’t see much protection for the pilot if you slam against the water at this potential 150 kmh speed. https://www.reddit.com/r/AskEngineers/comments/1057mpg/what_makes_water_speed_record_attempts_so_deadly/