What's the story with kite-reeling?

Oh, OK Pierre. Sure. Whatever you say. I should have mentioned, this factor also applies to Makani.
The reason I was initially excited about AWE forums, 15 years ago, was my experience with a real wind energy group preceding the AWE hype, populated by at least a certain percentage of actual knowledgeable people. In that group, when wind veterans chimed in, people, including me, listened and learned.

The results of that group live on to this day, with the participants still providing a vast knowledge base of such basic concepts as how the amount of copper in a given generator design determines continuous output capacity. Unfortunately, that wind energy group expired when the platform for such groups was discontinued, probably as part of the overall effort to squelch the ability of people to actually express themselves on the internet.

What I found appalling from the first High Altitude Wind Energy conference in 2009, was the extreme lack of even the most basic knowledge afflicting most participants, and the fact that, in spite of their level of ignorance, the people were so confident of their abilities, and derogatory toward real wind energy.

I remember pointing out to one of the most irritating people associated with the old forum, already a few years into his ignorant tirades, that he was “a newbie”. He protested that somehow his newbie status was something I could solve. Since that time, he has had enough time to earn a couple of PhD degrees in wind energy (if such a degree exists), yet is still spewing the same sort of complete, laughable nonsense.

The idea that I have ANY knowledge of wind energy, of blades, of generators, of really anything relevant, makes me a “super”-anything, is just an excuse to remain ignorant. As though knowing nothing about wind energy, and resisting any information offered, is a path to success in wind energy.

At some point, it becomes apparent that this forum, maybe worse than the last one, is populated by, at this point, a very few stragglers, who just want to spew their ignorance online somewhere, and the very idea of anyone knowing even the most basic requisite concepts in wind energy is seen as something to protest, to fight against, and to deny, castigating and censoring anyone who actually has a grasp of any reality in wind energy. So it becomes increasingly apparent that I am wasting my time here, wallowing in a sea of ignorance.