Will KiweeOne be funded?

Thanks Christof for your support.
Traitement données Molene.xlsx (2.9 MB)
Actually we have a nice update on Kiwee. We made a 2 weeks long test on Molene island which is 15 km off from Brest City. The French agency for Energy ( ADEME ) who granted us 3 years ago asked us to validate a 250h long test with 80W mean power. We just come back from this test and I thought you guys might be interested in discovering the raw data of the experience. We ended up doing 92W mean power during 110 hours of flight in 7 days. We also have some better feedback on the product. This is especially relevant for you christof who buy one. We did the testing with a 4 m² and 8 m² peter lynn kite. Those kite are not what we supply because of price issues. The blue kite we supply is clearly less stable than a peter Lynn Kite. Also I would recommend to use a 8m² peter lynn in case of low winds.
We have had the opportunity to compare a classical wind turbine of the same rotor size than kiwee One. We have been really astonished by the results. it seems that a regular wind turbine is far less productive than an airborne one and that is mainly due to turbulence. We had a 6 meter high mast for that experiment and kiwee One was running at it’s basic altitude ( 40 meters roughly) .
We will evolve from kiwee One two Kiwee One + in the following months because we discover we just need some minor tuning to be able to harness wind up to 60 km/h with kiwee. We will enhance the power output, set a larger battery that will allow to deal with gust easily and use a larger generator. With all that, I think we could reach 4 kwh per day ( official best : 2,4 kWh in 16 hours ). We will also propose the product with the small kite and the large one and add a pair of longer blades for small winds. That will come out at around 1500 euros and will be specially marketed for electricity acess.
if you want to work on data : WIN is production in Watts , WOUT is output power in Watts , Batt_I is the battery Current in mA, RPM is the generator speed ( divide by 1.64 to obtain the blade speed ) I_MOT is the current inside the generator in mA, BATT is the battery level in %

8 Likes