Windswept and Interesting Ltd

In the fluid version it wouldn’t matter as much. in the ball bearing version it might have some impact with the higher wind speeds if reaches a resonance point. What I had imagined was the going to look something like a clacker toy.image with kinetic potential thrown in. You will need a bearing set like you see on the pendulums of Newton’s cradle. I suspect in higher rotation you might see it reach a resonance where the ball bearings are space out. But still acting in the same way. Maybe unstable to begin with but would harmonise. As rotation speed increases. Most ball bearings are a few grams. Even with a 200 gram set up with rare earth magnetics. I suspect the effects would be small and increase along its square potential. Then there’s a question of impact resistance and general ware and tear? Which would effect any maintenance cycle. As far as I understand ware can be negated somewhat the the rare earth in the alloys. With chromium and manganese forming a great part of the resistant qualities. All part of neodymium magnetic family.