10th International Airborne Wind Energy Conference (AWEC 2024) in Madrid

I’d like to thank you @rschmehl for getting these published. I also yearn for more, yes please, but this time publishing was very swift. I will watch them all shortly

1 Like

Yep
Thanks again @rschmehl for all the efforts…
I should take some responsibility
We all knew this was potentially an issue beforehand
I was testing my own camera before leaving.
However
I didn’t have high enough memory nor battery capacity.
I could have tried harder earlier to source these

Looking forward to seeing all the ones I’m not in
Ta

So the question is; when can we see them? I did not find any videos on the link… :slight_smile:

1 Like

From the link, there is a short video summarizing some AWES.
When the “video coverage of the auditorium” will be available, @rschmehl will not fail to share the videos, as he has done in previous years. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

The AWEC 2024 aftermovie was just released: watch it here.

2 Likes

I am starting to prepare the video recordings of the auditorium presentations. Preview of the opening:
AWEC 2024 conference opening
Conference opening - plenary address 1
Conference opening - plenary address 2

The plan is to link those video’s from the conference program.

1 Like

Video recordings are now continuously added to the program on the website. Enjoy revisiting the event online!

1 Like

For your information, I am collecting all (English-language) conference videos in the above YouTube playlist. The first items are the on-location interviews recorded ad-hoc on the first day of the conference with various attendees.

Following are the video recordings of the presentations in the auditorium.

For a more structured entry, please use the program, from where the YouTube videos are now linked.

But note that this is emerging content, so please be patient :grinning:

1 Like

https://www.awec2024.com/

Could the SSL certificate be fixed? It takes me a little while to figure out the right address. Im sure many people will not proceed to the actual page.

Something like letsencrypt could probably fix this for free. Id be glad to help if coupled with a person with the necessary domain access

1 Like

I share the working address ! https://awec2024.com/ otherwise, even less people will proceed to the actual page !

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. I actually use letsencrypt, but it seems that the certificate has expired. I reissued it. Let me know if it works now.

1 Like

While this talk talks about a model that seems useful to model your system costs
Developing a Reference Economic Model for Airborne Wind Energy Systems It seems to also promise it is going to talk about System value, but then doesn’t seem to.

Was there previous work done on this? How much value electricity has in different markets and perhaps also how the drawbacks of renewables or AWE - intermittency, land use, unreliability, difficulty permitting, and so on, reduces that value?

AWE has more drawbacks than solar in most markets I think, so should undercut it in most markets, but by how much?

No

http://resolver.tudelft.nl/uuid:eaea60df-a71c-4845-ae5e-fe520765e87f

1 Like

Hi, I recommend to contact the authors directly Rishikesh Joshi (TU Delft) and Filippo Trevisi (Polimi). They will appreciate feedback.

1 Like

@batlabat I did fix this. The certificate is valid. Can you try again, also F5?

How about this very recent study
The potential role of airborne and floating wind in the North Sea region
which I also presented at the conference.

1 Like

Thanks working after a “Firefox refresh” and acknowledging something.

1 Like

Working on Apple iPhone

1 Like

Thanks, I am reading this now. The references also seem useful.