Cosine Functions in Kite Physics

I did it just previously on:

And also:
https://link.springer.com/search?facet-eisbn=978-981-10-1947-0&facet-content-type=Chapter&query=cosine+gain

Moderation. Please delete this topic, as I no longer am allowed to. It really was a properly mathematical-physical topic. It was not written for “Lounge”.

This link would have to give results: https://link.springer.com/search?query="cosine+gain"&facet-content-type=Chapter&facet-eisbn=978-981-10-1947-0

So “cosine gain” instead of cosine+gain would have to give results for this to be a potential reference for the term “cosine gain” being used.

For it to be a potential reference for the concept of “cosine gain”, as defined by Santos, wording may be different but this idea would have to be expressed somehow:

Note that the claim made in the starting post is that the term exists, not the concept.

I don’t know if I got that right, probably not. You can’t really say “look, here an author has said ‘higher line angles have these benefits (…)’, so the concept of ‘cosine gain’ (that I just made up) exists.”

The problem you or we can have with this topic is the confusion of the definition given by @kitefreak and the variation of the sense of the words during the topic.

This definition does not match the definition given by the chapter 18 (18.2 Cosine Efficiency then 18.2.4 “efficiency gain”).

The definitions do match well. “Gain” or “loss”, and “efficiency” of “inefficiency” can vary somewhat according to specific example. Cosine Functions of kites really is a proper Math and Physics Topic, since kites are so inherently trigonometric.

The reason to delete is because Windy Skies should not be changing the Category to Lounge, and many other Moderation abuses, under the cloak of anonymous authority. This is not a helpful person in AWE. Sorry for any third-party deletions, but I cannot as a Topic author go along with Windy Skies’ intrusive poorly informed actions.

The link https://link.springer.com/search?query=“cosine+efficiency+gain”&facet-content-type=Chapter&facet-eisbn=978-981-10-1947-0 gives 1 result for “cosine efficiency gain”.

Yes, and if “cosine efficiency loss” is first written here, that’s good too. An open Forum like this one is ideally open peer review as well.

Someday data-mining will determine just how many AWE terms were coined or first applied on the Old Forum, for lack of any discourse more advanced. The Springer Textbooks even contain words first coined on the Old Forum (even “AWE” itself).

JoeF was wise to only encourage such engineering language innovation, and never futz at social media Category demotion instead.

This topic is still being held hostage in Lounge. Moderators are still not allowing me any right to remove the topic in protest.

At least let me cut my words on Cosine Functions, and leave others’ posts to stand on their merits.

Windy Skies is still wrong about any lack of my citations underpinning the Cosine topic.

Please delete this topic completely to escape this unjustified Moderation abuse.