"Dynamic soaring in wind turbine wakes"

Your presentation is tendentious. My opinion about Dabiri’s concept was expressed:

It is about wake effect and optimization of a whole wind-farm, not about VAWT as such. Before, perhaps on the old forum, I calculated that these numerous small VAWT were uneconomic, but it is not the question.

It is funny that you praised John Dabiri’s work on:

The publication mentionning John Dabiri, and also your comment, are on your linked publication. I put again this link, and also two quotes (about John Dabiri’ statement and your comment):
https://nawindpower.com/stanford-researchers-boost-wind-productivity-with-wake-steering?utm_medium=email&utm_source=LNH+07-03-2019&utm_campaign=NAW+Latest+News+Headlines

“To meet global targets for renewable energy generation, we need to find ways to generate a lot more energy from existing wind farms,” says John Dabiri

1 COMMENT

newest

Selsam

Selsam

4 years ago

This is what I’ve been explaining with regard to the line of rotors in a Selsam SuperTurbine™, offset from the wind direction to bring fresh wind to each rotor. The rotor skew directs the rotor wakes away from downwind rotors.

The wake effect and the optimization of a wind-farm has be discussed on this forum, for example on:

“…this can drop to a little as 1 W/m² in very large installations” could justify the purpose of the currently discussed study.