Enerkite on DW

Would be good if we had a subcategory of
AWES in mainstream media

Here is Enerkite on dw still trying to fling that big rigid delta (Chevron - as corrected by @dougselsam thanks :laughing: ) around into the sky.

The video seems to be trimmed before it was meant to finish.

As you wish.

Seems to be a direct video link. One can’t see when the video was posted. Context would be useful.

“https://www.dw.com/en/kites-collect-wind-energy-in-berlin/av-49952922”
Is all the URL I got from an search alert email

All those “news sites” regurgitating

I still want to publish the definitive awes mainstream article free for anyone to copy to at least get them to have fewer things wrong.

Hi “wing-swept and isn’t a swept-wing interesting” Rod: That’s a swept-wing craft, (the shape is called a “chevron”) with canard and winglets, not a delta wing.
A delta wing is shaped like, well, a delta (triangle). :slight_smile:
It’s funny how often we see “doesn’t need a tower”.
I guess regular wind turbine people would say "doesn’t need a special truck with a big powered arm to spin it around and fling it into the air, nor a tether to wear out, nor a reel with a gearbox, nor does it suffer from an intermittent power cycle, nor does it require a software pilot, per se

Also funny in the video “spins a turbine” - people always want to call a generator a “turbine”. I had one guy who kept insisting that my generators are the actual turbine. I had to explain, no the generator is the generator - the turbine is that thing that spins it.

1 Like

tur·bine
/ˈtərˌbīn,ˈtərˌbin/
noun
noun: turbine ; plural noun: turbines

1. a machine for producing continuous power in which a wheel or rotor, typically fitted with vanes, is made to revolve by a fast-moving flow of water, steam, gas, air, or other fluid.

Origin
mid 19th century: from French, from Latin turbo , turbin- ‘spinning top, whirl’.