Floating Offshore Wind

I recently received a second U.S. Patent covering all the floating offshore foundations the first one did not cover. Virtually all floating wind energy plants now in use, or under consideration, are now covered by one of my two latest U.S. Patents.

U.S. Patent Application Issued as a Patent
Title: FLOATING MARINE WIND TURBINE
U.S. Letters Patent No.: 10,871,149
Issued: December 22, 2020

3 Likes

What is new compared to your earlier patents? I see its a “B2” patent… congrats

Doug, can you provide some detailed examples of offshore installations related to your patent? Perhaps the response is in the following article:

Your patent:

Yes you found an article covering the first one of the two patents, Pierre.
Equinor uses my concept known as the “Spar Buoy” design.
Most of the rest of the designs being explored are covered by my most recent patent.
Just as I came up with Laddermill decades before Ockels, and SuperTurbine™ decades ahead of the pack, I was a few years ahead of the curve regarding floating offshore wind energy foundation concepts. Doesn’t seem like such a big deal to me, just seems normal. I have a lot of other interests too. Always too busy… :slight_smile:

It looks that figures 16 and 17 and corespondent description are a part of the patent about Serpentine, is not it?

From the link above:

Are there any other documents?

https://www.holdfastanchor.com/

“Dramatic action is needed to limit future warming to 1.5°C. …”

Seems to become more common these ways of placing windmills offshore lately…

@dougselsam seems these people really are next level relative to your patent? Also - getting 1.25 M£ to weld a tetrahedal seems like good business? … well, looking closer they already raised 2.4M£

Like I said, folding foundations address a well-known need - how to utilize shallow harbors for floating offshore wind turbines. Adding foldability does not change whether a design was covered by one of my patents. Most products fall under a variety of inter-related patents.

Meanwhile, renderings and raising cash are par for the course. Whether it is ever used becomes another question. Everything sounds good if all you are exposed to is the promotional material. :slight_smile:

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: An attempt by Dave Santos to describe the benefits of Tension Leg Buoys for floating offshore wind

A quick search on Tension Leg Buoy gives:

Cited by 90: FLOATING OFFSHORE WIND TURBINES: TENSION LEG PLATFORM AND TAUGHT LEG BUOY CONCEPTS SUPPOTING 3-5 MW WIND TURBINES - European Wind Energy Conference EWEC 2010, Warsaw, Poland 20-23 April 2010

A recent proposal:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Slow Chat II

https://www.reddit.com/r/RenewableEnergy/comments/18f5j93/floating_offshore_wind_turbines_keep_getting/