Flygen

Pierre what blows my mind is the number of supposed “engineers” and other supposed super-high-end “talent” hired, and the stories told. That many “engineers” should have been able to predict the way the craft would operate. Why did the “story” go on for so long? I’ve seen and in many cases debunked so many wind energy schemes ahead of the fact, often promoted by “the smartest people in the world”. Few to none are still even under consideration, let alone operation. Why can I analyze the facts in 1 minute using no computer and with no engineering staff, while these “teams” with all that “expertise” and millions of dollars go on for years with what turn out to have been silly expectations? There is an aspect of giddy insanity in the field, and I think it also often turns into greedy deception where these companies may realize they are wasting everyone’s time and money but hope to exit at a profit before the bad news becomes too obvious to ignore. The giddy deliriousness results from only hearing enthusiastic promotional side of the story, never considering or even understanding all that can go wrong. I think the backdrop of “saving the planet” adds an almost religious fervor to it all, in many cases. Under that dynamic, the “press-release” aspect, and the articles and coverage that ensue, encourage ignoring reality as long as the “story” can be held together. When I saw the videos of the flights, I just thought “really? This is what all that money and talent came up with, and they are promoting it?”. At some point I just don’t know what to say. Now you’re talking about an early prototype with a limited stated use for camping. There are aspects I like about it, but also, I think it might find a problem with high winds and longevity, like almost every other wind energy device. If anyone pays attention to the realities of small wind turbines, with most every manufacturer having gone bankrupt, the reason is they can’t withstand what Mother Nature dishes out, over and over again. As I said over a decade ago, the wind is invisible so people can imagine it doing whatever they like, but it does what it does, and that often means destroying small turbines.

2 Likes