@Freeflying Makes Things

And interesting solution for wave drives.
Also looking like it could be a multi piston generator?

Is it really interesting though if it doesnt work? I think you could have known without building that it would not work. So to me this is mostly just playing around to make a video for the sake of making the video.

As it didnt work for propulsion I doubt it would work for wave power. But for waves it would probably work relatively better. But the mechanism has a lot of friction and is extremely bulky.

my 5 cents

Neat Migelo-Amur.stl (286.3 KB)
just spent a little time making this?
need some feed back. i was toying with the dyson fan idea? this id a single layer co flow nozzel? want to make it bigger? tinkercad does have limitation on the build plate. i had hope to get co flow nesting in the design? this is a single layer. this is very early stages? the hope is it could pair up with a tesla turbine? with a high pressure intake with negative pressure exhaust? there is a few people experimenting on improving tesla original design by using hyperbolic cones?

this is a first off im nit sure i have everything right? doing my best with basic shape with the minds it could be made in sheet metal if required? i have a bigger idea for this? it slant on an aero mine? i had though of using it as thrust nozzle? by all mean play around with it? make improvements? it open source as i’m uncertain if any others are playing with the idea. this also feed into the bridge across the bay? with huge intake leading to compression? high volume> high pressure>modified tesla turbine> modified exhaust nozzles. harrier jump jet come to mind? if done right you might be able to fly a bridge to location that was built off site? but that is another story entirely?

i will leave the file here and let you have a play and get back to me?
the basic idea is to use the wind as a conveyor belt? much like a biotic pump?
the outer edges of the tesla turbines can be magnets? with pre-set coil arrangements? should be fairly easy to do? stacking arrangement for the tesla need only be disk> coils>disk>coils ect for as big as it required? much like stacks of PCB boards? one idea i had with that was using a chartes labyrinths style pattern? as the PCB
though that a wild guess. there is even rectangular versions? which might work edge on in a tube?

main target achived a basic rough out of a coflow nozzle. i would welcome input, maybe brainstorm thing a little more? let us know what you think.

I read all of that
Nope
No idea what 80% of it meant
Playing with the STL
Hmm a nozzley thing and a pipe
Still clueless but I really hope it does what you want it to whatever that is

i might as well explain, chartes labyrinths motor/ generator reminded me of pcb motors
as for the the STl. it supposed to sit on tope the exhaust vent of a tesla turbine. the cone part should act as micro compressor from the exaust? then pipe bit is the co flow nozzle. tried to take the dyson fan concept the ad a co flow elements for fun. it was designed to sit on tesla turbine housing. or at the ever least a version of it. Tesla hyperbolic turbine | Tinkercad

embedded magnets might be possible on the rotor disk? this is due to
Programmable magnet - Wikipedia which mean the magnetic field can be custom made to requirements? which mean you can maximise coil arrangements? in the rotor stack? yes it is a direct generation method using a tesla turbine. been toying with the idea for some time.

though i must admit i get distract by shiny new things. it grab my attention span. i did try making an example out sheet metal during cv-19. co flow mods back then were not a thought? cheep shelf was sacrificed for the cause. it what eventually led to the STL file.
still toying with the idea. maybe 3d printed scoops to put in the sheet metal? which might be easier once everything been punched out?

as long as it cures the boredom? i don’t mind. not quite garden railway fun times? but it should do for now.

I think I menyioned this previously, but STL files are not immediately visible in the forum. So maybe also add a screenshot from your CAD software would invite more people to participate in the discussion

ask and you shall receive
it was a basic start on the idea. sort of what i came up with in a few hours.
may need a few tweaks? as it was a rough STL. to see if it could be done?
hopefully is not a cad fail? just becuase you can imaging something dont mean it works as intended or finds intended use? i realised it could easily be a nozzle for a satellite? but working completely oppositely to what i had imagined? with high vector controls/ as it stand is a bell nozzle? thought might find alternative use as a swivel nozzle? even Warhammer 40k. jet packs?

1 Like

if this was a cross section of nested co flow jets? knocked this up a few mounts ago? after the discussion with @PierreB and @dougselsam. had hoped to do something similar with the nozzle. my thinking was the more layer would increase the effect? i also had been thinking of adding this to a wing structure? instead of composite wings? just showing this as an example.

finally got round to tinkercad and mocked up the wave drive mechanism housing in tinkercad. hopefully give you some idea what i was aiming for. which is a stage on from the plywood box
image the variable eccentrics slot in the walls.
the diaphragm than runs in the slots with cross bars and bearings. just for a start for 10? and update there.

hi guys,
freeflying wont be continuing to make thing as i have had a serious health crisis.
i love to say i will return? but i beat rod reed to the asylum. freek out after apendix op did the trick. i shall keep you all in mind. please use the base of my suggestions to change the world. burn outs suck! so became my own hse issue. so for now im in hospital. i love to come back some day? but it not today. so i issue this notice. hopefull the message will get out there?

4 Likes

Good to hear from you. Get well soon!

@Freeflying
Jason,
Good recovery and looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Thanks for checking the conditions for me Jason.
Save me a space

Sorry to hear you are not well. Hope you feel better soon.

Here’s to hoping things improve for you Jason! I feel your pain. Always enjoy your posts. Please coma back soon! :slight_smile:

thanks guys for the support! the docs diagnosis wasn’t great. im not going to risk anybody when my heads not clear. it good here, though noisy. i have with a sea view and can see ships leave port .i got totalled while down. so it been fun and games since. it the trust structure in my life that has broken down hard. fear as has a way of taking over? chuck in a few more factors, and it pure TNT. ive much to learn. that is another reason to stop. for now.