Generator using gravitational potential / kinetic energy, with falling mass of ball bearings or magnetic fluid

It just a thought

I know you guys toy with a lot of ideas.
This is a rough idea of what a rib structure made form 25mm poly tubing would look like. If? used for a kite. The tubing can be rigged with coils and magnetised steel shot. I see no reason why it cannot be made to varying size requirements. This is just showing a section. Gave it some thought last night. I mentioned a looping kite. Drafted this up this morning. Kitekraft flygen. as mentioned on the forum flys in figure of eights. Thinking along those lines. where it peeks and troughs. The ball bearing would flow in a wave from ones side to the other across the wing body. When the kite swoop from left to right. The long swooping arc being where most off the power and energy would be created.
The ribs are a section of a ring generator.
Loosely based on how old rib frame kite were made. Similar to many da Vinci drawing. Also remind me a little of the vomit comet. NASA trains budding astronauts with. Just a thought for the morning.
Let us know what you think. And if I missed something?

I saw there was a new post on this topic, and figured it had to be “Freeflying” - yup!
There are a thousand interesting topics on the web, and zero successful new wind energy designs. This one falls under the “Look! It wiggles!” category. :slight_smile:
(Professor Crackpot never sleeps!)

More research done by a few others on fluid permanent magnets.

I was looking to find where I buy the liquid permanent magnets from. In the process stumbled across this. An experiment into manipulating of magnetic liquid marbles.

As like my toys? Try this one out for size?

My thinking was to have a modified version. That would generate electricity? Still contemplating the idea? Just a question of execution? There are versions of the design out there on the web? a quick google search for bead obit fight toy all your going to need? Just a question of scales?

When I saw the topic, I knew it had to be freeflying Jason.
This reminds me of medieval perpetual motion attempts using the weight of metal balls, rolling on arms of the machine. I’ve come up with a lot of AWE concepts that lift weights then use their falling to generate electricity.
Sure, “some power, at some cost”…
But the thing is. why add weights when, if you have sufficient pull to lift a weight, why not just use that lift to power a generator directly? With the weights, you use some working surface to lift a weight, but then often the lifting surface ends up holding the weight in the air for a period of time, during which the working surface cannot do any work because it is just holding position. Bottom line is, lifting weights, any more than absolutely necessary, would seem generally inadvisable for AWE.

When encountered this version of the bearing?my initial thought were to embed it in to a wing structure? Or have it attached to kite flying a figure of eight? or centralised in the Center of a lifting body? the shape pathway would end up being calibrated to the flight path of a kite? Might need a gimbal but worth a try for fun. You did say have fun with that? so ok! You only really need the raceway and a few ball earring and your set! The kite you guys build have shifting forces anyway. It just a question of what shape the raceways needs to be to work properly? Use the zero g and negative g’s to your advantage. And hey presto! A linear generator. My head not quite on it today? But I’m sure some will work out the shape of the raceways needed? Even if the Needs to be interwoven? I just liked the toy for its adaptable nature. Had vision of similar? But as maglev track? The idea is let gravity do the work! Or let g forces power it? G force may be more reliable? Had some time to think and there might be away to use the G-lock to some advantage? Piezoelectric style? The higher the g force the more electricity? Though that way above what I know? By all means feed in? As I don’t think you have piezoelectric AWES. Correct if I’m wrong? At this time it need a proof of concept? Hey ho there we go?

Got some magnets! Got about 100 of them? Not as strong as i would have like? But getting customs was a pain in my backside.
So had to shop in the kiddie isle to find these.
15mm polycarbonate coated magnets. Scaled up I see no reason why they can’t be pool ball size? There may be a few improvements that could be made? Like a polymagntic field. So 2023 is rocking and rolling.