Global Warming Controversy

It’s encouraging to have scepticism in public debate. Excellent thanks…
However
That graph traces 2 measurements… From the thousands done. In a field so interdependent and complex any number of variables could have thrown it off… I bet its already been corrected for.

As for the ice ages. Cool. Meteors, cool. Tectonics, cool. Yep shit can and has changed.

However CO2 is locked on, dialled in, heat +ve
And we belch squillions of it.
Buuuurrrrrppp

Hopefully since I gave you a mention today…

Some other looney will take up your argument

Thanks for mentioning me in your writing Roddy.
Yeah Daisy kites came a long way when you finally decided to take my advice and try hard airfoils instead of the soft fabric working surfaces promoted by you-know-who, as you lapped up his ignorant insistence on being some sort of top AWE “expert”. Nice to see one person exploring one of the many directions I’ve always envisioned for SuperTurbine™ technology. Glad I was able to help you get it working so much better. Seems like you’re still having trouble understanding it though.
I think you got an instant order-of-magnitude improvement. You should have said “Thanks Doug, I should have had the sense to listen to you sooner!”
Instead you denigrate my right to express honest skepticism over what people like that same you-know-who that steered you wrong for several years are being spoon-fed and lapping it up. It doesn’t take a “loony” to think for themself. You, of anyone, ought to know that. Luckily, you weren’t completely convinced by that one whacky know-it-all guy that torque drive was impossible. See? You CAN think for yourself. It’s OK to think for yourself. Real science demands it. Entrenched, desperate “authority” figures often get things wrong. That’s how it’s always been.
You asked for data. I showed it to you. So now you try to change the subject and call me names, cause that’s how people without a leg to stand on operate. Go find your own data. Anyone can look this shit up. The fact that it’s been much warmer in the recent past, and it’s cooler now, that previous interglacials have exceeded the current temps by far, the fact that this is the longest interglacial yet, meaning we might be overdue for cooling, etc.
And you do not even address my pointing out that the terms you use do not even make sense other than possibly to describe yourself. What do you have to say about the chicken-shit, intentionally-deceptive nature of the terms you repeat from your indoctrination? You can’t even answer. For a while I thought you were pretty smart - a maverick not afraid to think for himself, but lately I’m starting to wonder, It seems like you’re increasingly acting like just one more internet artifact trying to silence any opinion, or even denigrating a mere reluctance to express an opinion, other than what has been placed by others into your head. Another internet person exhibiting a newfound 6th grade hall-monitor mentality. Why don’t you address what I’ve pointed out about the deceptive absurdity of the terms you repeat? Nothing to say, huh? Not used to people taking your empty, borrowed words seriously enough to answer back, eh?
Here: Maybe this little girl can serve as an example for you. Yes your daisy improved when you took my advice. Now maybe you can take my advice again and learn to think for yourself a little better by listening to the example set by this courageous little girl:

1 Like

Could we not use the forum to spread this kind of stuff? We have Reddit for pure political discussions. This forum is for AWE

2 Likes

I do apologise @dougselsam… Seems you didn’t start this topic after all… It was started by one of your post being split off from another topic and re-branded unfairly.
She’s a wee bit mental with the shaming from climate change denialism callers is a “despicably anti human ideology” chat
F yes we need more energy to do cool stuff.
F no we don’t want 1 squillionaire banker getting all the use of it.
I wish I could show my kids what a shoal of salmon looks like but our energy went into stopping that.
BTW yes many people convinced me with the rigid wings. I listened to Ollie for a recommend test spec. Which he wanted to test with me. Not just talk… Actual action.

@dougselsam did not open this Climate change denialism topic.

The Diesel is dying in rural economies: data link goes to
SPLIT THIS TOPIC MAY 4 2 posts were split to a new topic: Climate change denialism.

Is “Climate change denialism” an AWE topic? You would think so, given the number of messages from almost all the usual posters, comprising me. But apparently it ceases to be an AWE topic as soon as the opinions expressed do not conform to what one should think…

Indeed the message below is an example of pure AWE posting :wink:.

1 Like

The name of this topic accurately describes the posts of Doug here. Apparently the misinformation takes more forms than what most people, including me, are familiar with, but still the term applies. You could add an “anthropogenic” to the start of it.

Actually, I’ll change the name of the topic to Global Warming Controversy. That fits a little better.

Agreed. I’m to blame for it becoming active again for sending posts here. Sorry. I’ll close the topic, but would like to keep the comments.

Comments about that can go to Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion like always.

Yeah, Good to close this topic.
The start seemed unfair. Splitting a topic and branding the offshoot as Dougs opinion, which was something he wasn’t saying…
He’s not a climate change denier. Nor even an Antropogenic climate change denier.
He’s just bloody noisy, long winded and horrendous to read through, with poor articulation, referencing, and logical progression of argument.
OK lessons for us all. Fair will to all

This topic was automatically opened after 74 days.