Innovative Wind Turbines - An Illustrated Guidebook (Vaughn Nelson)

Google has a preview. Many prototypes discussed, including those by @kitewinder, @tallakt, @rodread, @dougselsam, and @rschmehl.

Another (2009) title from the same author (linked by @JoeFaust on the Yahoo forum):
Nelson, Vaughn.
Wind energy : renewable energy and the environment / Vaughn Nelson.p. cm. – (Energy and the Environment)
“A CRC title.”
Includes bibliographical references and index.
ISBN 978-1-4200-7568-7 (hardcover : alk. paper) 1. Wind power. 2. Wind power plants. I. Title. II. Series.TJ820.N44 2009621.31’2136–dc222009000877

1 Like

I was grateful for being included in their book. The authors have always been friendly and helpful contributors in our U.S. wind energy circles, and really know their stuff. Looks like they got the prototype in the picture mixed up with the 3-foot diameter Sky Serpent. I think the one in the photo had twenty-six 5-foot rotors. It was only run as a demo - when a crew from Discovery Channel says they plan to come and film, you want to have something that looks at least visually-impressive to show them, never connected to a load, but should have been capable of much more than 1.1 kW.

1 Like