Job postings in awesystems

CA is the ISO two letter abbreviation for Canada. That’s what they wrote. People from the USA always assume they don’t need to mention a country and everybody knows their state abbreviations. So people getting it wrong is well deserved.^^

I’m listing Country and City. If one is entered for the job, the script uses this one, if not, it uses the organizations’ headquarters.

Corrected.

But CA is also the abbreviation of the state of California, where they are based.

Got that.
Entered cities for all the listed organizations, while I was at it.

Removed:
Control Systems Intern, Makani
Vertriebsingenieur, Makani
Praktikum Textilprüfung, Skysails
Kite Designer/Developer, Kitepower
AWES development master thesis, Kitepower
Kite technician, Kitepower
PR assistant, Kitepower
Qualitätsingenieur, Enerkite
Air vehicle operator (pilot), ampyx

Added:
Technical Sales Manager Vessel Performance, skysails
Working student / Internship Textilprüfung, skysails

Windswept and Interesting will be looking to employ technical staff in the new year.
Interested?
Well in that case you’re half way here.
Get in touch.

1 Like

Hello everyone, we are looking for passionate business developers and engineers keen on contributing to the development of the first commercial Kitepower 100kW AWE system - find out more at www.kitepower.nl/product.

Current Job Openings at Kitepower

Check out all job openings at: www.kitepower.nl/jobs | Subscribe to the jobs newsletter

3 Likes

Don’t forget we have many places called “Ontario” in the U.S.A.
Right near here, in Southern California, down the hill from my current location in the Mojave desert, in the Los Angeles area, we have a city of “Ontario, California”, abbreviated “Ontario, CA”.

I was surprised to find a hot, dry Ontario, having originally come from near Ontario, NY (New York) right across Lake Ontario from Ontario, Canada, (eh?), covered with a mile of ice just 12,000 years ago, where rain, ice, snow, and pervasive wetness still dominate the weather.

We also have a city called La Cañada Flintridge, commonly known simply as La Cañada, in the foothills of the Verdugo Mountains in Los Angeles County, California. Located in the Crescenta Valley, in the western edge of Southern California’s San Gabriel Valley. It is the home of NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Wikipedia

So yes, we have a “Canada” in California but of course, being here, it has a Spanish flavor: La Cañada

In our next exciting episode, we’ll explore the remnants of ancient “Atlantis”, examining the many locations in Mexico and beyond, named with variations on “Atlan” (Mazatlan?)

15 job openings at Ampyx Power as of today: https://ampyxpowerjobs.recruitee.com/

3 Likes

Windswept and Interesting Ltd is looking for Board Members & Advisors
Our project demands the company steps up in scale.
Investors expect Ollie, Anthony and I will have our feet held to the coals by an experienced board of advisors.
We have to prove this is a commercial venture - not just a science project.
Can you bring real world experience to Airborne Wind Energy?
If so - Let’s Talk

2 Likes