KGM1 updates

The KGM1 research program is investigating energy generation using Linear systems and finally the “linear generators” category is starting to appear also in the “Report Reference_economic model for AWES” (thanks to F. Trevisi, R. Joshi, K. Petrik), and that would be fantastic be able to generate a use case that thoroughly analyzes its economic and industrial potential (which based on our projections will be of importance from every point of view).

Still lacking a budget (and we’re working in our spare time), but the program is now well taken care of and ready for take-off and I believe it is likely that within the year there will be other significant innovations… therefore I am sharing with you the most recent updates on the topic of communication:

• Animation of PROTO 3:

[Video] KGM1 on LinkedIn: A simple animation to explain how the Proto 3 works.

• Renderings PROTO 3:

KGM1 on LinkedIn: 03/2024: Proud to show the first rendering of prototype 3 - Concept Design…

• Video Test PROTO 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYg7x9R8dCU

• Interview (Easy Enginerering):

KGM1 on LinkedIn: INTERVIEW WITH GHIVA PROGETTAZIONE CAD

Any feedback / impressions / suggestions / help are welcome!

Happy to receive new followers on the Linkedin showcase KGM1!

4 Likes

Congratulations @MarcoGhiva ,

“Linear generators” seem to be a good way to optimize crosswind kites.

Thanks a lot Pierre!

Cool @MarcoGhiva
Skills

Can you share the predicted power/time curve you mentioned on the LinkedIn post?
I’m going to argue that rotary ground gen is also always (never say always… Or never) positive output
:muscle:t2::star_struck:

In blu, on the right.

3 Likes

Of all kite systems I’ve seen I actually like Rod’s turbine and your linear system the most. Nothing scientific about these preferences yet… it’s probably because it feels like “what kitesurfers do” when the wind drops

1 Like

This, other than the semplicity, was exactly the aim of this resarch. I have seen a big potential, but now we need a budget and partnership. Thanks a lot Rudo.

I wonder if this type of belt for linear motion, as just discussed, could be suitable for KGM1 linear generator:

I don’t think so Pierre, on the one hand I just have to transform the linear movement into rotation, then the force peaks are very high. Third, until there is a real budget, KGM1 engineering will unfortunately be on standby. Thanks for your support.