"Kitepower has been nominated for the Earthshot Prize 2024!"

The issue is Control. It always has been. This whole field about replacing a pole/mast/tower with tethers.

Kite systems are a gestalt, You cannot simply have pieces that work. It all must work as a system. Hence the “S” in AWES.

I fundamentally don’t understand the attitude here… What is your purpose? We will all continue going down the path we see is right, unabated. No one heeds warnings, that is immediately apparent. So why chant into the void when it is as useless as the field of Airborne Wind to you? Do you not see any avenue? Do you simply like kites? The contradictions astound me.

What an overwhelmingly conceded analysis. There is absolutely no stake in being a pessimist. When the time comes that wind is more viable in terms of transportation or energy what will you say then? Nothing. And if the time never comes, You are wasting your time on this forum.

I say spend your time actually thinking of solutions. Too much time is spent sitting in this forum on the sidelines instead of actually innovating new solutions.

Over the past 20 years advancements have happened that we never thought were possible. Quite frankly you guys are sounding old and pessimistic with the exact same rhetoric that was going on ten years ago despite advancements in our field.

Just a few advancements pessimist never thought would happen. Where are they now?

1. Quantum Computing
  2. CRISPR and Gene Editing
  3. Self-driving Cars
  4. Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)
  5. Commercial Space Travel
  6. Wireless Energy Transfer
  7. Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCIs)
  8. Nanotechnology in Medicine
  9. 3D Printing of Organs
  10. Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) Integration
3 Likes