Makani kite item pics I currently have

Here are some pics of the items I have obtained from the makani kite project. im trying to see if they are of any value or applicable to anyone else in this industry or just useless items.
Any thoughts on this. Here is a link of the pics. Mahalo!

2 Likes

Probably worth little for anyone who isn’t an awes startup and even then the Makani institutional knowledge is lacking. :frowning:
How much is shipping to Europe? I’d be interested in a souvenir.

Would be cool to own that Futaba radio used to fly the Makani kite… though probably on US frequencies…

1 Like

40$ or so. What kind of souvenir? Lmk

That’s reasonable considering the distance. I’ve only found a quote of 300+€.
I’d be interested in any of the wing parts, if no one else cares for them. However I don’t really have a place for them either…
The part labelled “SN4 Glide landing, Dec. 2019” is nicely dated…
The key box or the reel in / pan out box might be a nice souvenir…
But all of it would just collect dust…
… sorry, I wish more people were interested and this stuff worth more…
The Vesa monitor mount would have practical value, but shipping it from Hawaii seems a bit ludicrous…

I’m wondering how much you payed for the stuff or if it came with the land it was on.

@someAWE_cb See something you like?

I do see things I like - but shipping would exceed the value. Sorry, as painful as it is to see most of this probably going to a landfill for me it’s a no :frowning:

/cb

On a side note : I love some of the labels - there must have been some interesting events leading to some of them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Give me a power curve when testing.

This video will explain what some of your boxes were…
[archiveorg 20190326-adam-tech-topic-waterproofing width=640 height=480 frameborder=0 webkitallowfullscreen=true mozallowfullscreen=true]

1 Like

Must watch this box …

Survived a mid air decomposition of (think the model name is SN3)

1 Like