MDPI Energies journal special issue on AWES

If you’re feeling sciencey enough…
submit a paper for review on

Special Issue “Airborne Wind Energy Systems”

A special issue of Energies (ISSN 1996-1073). This special issue belongs to the section “Wind, Wave and Tidal Energy”.

Deadline for manuscript submissions: 1 April 2021.

@Rodread: we extended the deadline to 1 November 2021, but I’d like to note that we will inject contributions into the peer review process as soon as we receive them. Once accepted (hopefully) and produced the papers will be placed immediately online as part of this Special Issue. The deadline is only the last opportunity to make it into this Special Issue.

1 Like

A reminder that this deadline is approaching

@rschmehl Roland is Looking for papers to be submitted to

This publication will act sort of like the 3rd official AWES book

If the APC publication cost is too high for you or you article is more brief or a more general less formalised description then

May be a better option for your submission.

1 Like

Thank you @Rodread, very kind of you to advertise this here!

We will process manuscripts submitted to the MDPI Energies Special Issue as soon as we receive those. Official deadline is 1 Nov 2021. The journal aims at a relatively short peer review and contributions will be published as soon as the peer review, possible revision, and production is finished. The MDPI copy editors provide a quite good language editing. As Rod mentioned, the Open Access journal charges an Article Processing Charge (APC). However, many countries and universities have funding schemes in place to subsidize the APC fully or partially. It is worth checking this out (follow the link to see per country how this is dealt with). If you have an interesting idea for a contribution Christoph Hackl (my co-editor) and I would be happy to discuss with you the options.

Torque 2022 will be in Delft and will for sure also have sessions on airborne wind energy. The deadline for abstract submission is 1 Sept 2021.