Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

@Windy_Skies You have hidden this topic on the basis of my message indicating that Dave’s statement was not supported by the publication he cited.

And now you stop hiding it but based on elements that were already available and easily recognizable at first glance, such like the indication of soft kites as the solution.

Do you like playing hide and seek with some topics?

Yeah, I took a shortcut, to be quicker. To be fair to @kitefreak I looked a little closer later.

I think it is still a marginal, low-effort, topic as it stands now. The one thing it has going for it is the link to the paper. Sharing just that with an invitation to discuss it would be fine, but Dave instead feels the need to use it as another justification to soapbox. More interesting would be, for example, to compare it to soft kites going at speed, with different bridle configurations, citing quantitative research.

Edit: actually, a ten second glance at the paper gives me 67 matches for “flutter” (speed), which I think should also be a problem for fabric kites, so I don’t know how @kitefreak arrived at his conclusion that it isn’t.

I’m not sure if I’m required to read a paper to be able to moderate a topic. That becomes very time consuming, and it’s not on a topic I’m currently interested in.

1 Like

A statement wrongly based on a paper does not necessarily require any moderation of the whole topic.

Windy Skies is clearly unaware of my power kite expertise, not just by my training and collaboration with top developers, but thousands of flight hours since entering into AWE R&D. “Flutter” is not a serious design issue for properly designed power kites. A rigid wing that does not flutter is naturally much heavier, which is the real aeroelastic problem in scaling up.

Doug seems unaware that its still not proven that Wayne was NOT a “project leader” (or “director”) of FRI. This is as close as Doug ever seems to get to correcting aviation experts. What is known is the high regard Wayne earned in aerospace by his visionary AWE studies, from analysis of Free-Flight of tethered wing pairs, to alerting Cristina Archer of LLJs as a major factor in AWE meteorology.

Let Doug and Windy Skies try and do better than those they disagree with. Let them offer new ideas, new experiments, and any advance in domain knowledge. All the technical facts in the wrongly hidden heat-kite topic remain valid. The application ideas are worthy.

Dave: There is apparently to way to deal with your inability to even carry on a meaningful conversation nor to acknowledge any simple statement you have made, let alone prove it as true, which it seldom is. I did NOT say Wayne was not a “project leader”. I did not HAVE to say ANYTHING except provide what were supposedly Wayne’s own words saying HE WAS A PROJECT LEADER. What I saaid was I saw no evidence he was a DIRECTOR. I think if he had been THE DIRECTOR, he would have said so. But he also said a lot of other stuff in the same message that, frankly, sounds like he isn’t playing with a full deck, like saying he was the Intel Liaison with the Bausch Motor Company, whereas, as I pointed out, THERE IS NO SUCH COMPANY. I feel bad saying this, but it’s just one more example of you guys all being pretty much complete nutcases, pretty much out-to-lunch, lights-are-on-but-nobody’s-home, in my humble opinion. And you all just think you are geniuses, whereas I, sorry to say, think you are all actually mentally deficient, with the delusion of being geniuses as part of your mental deficiency. There is no “accomplishment” too trivial, too inconsequential, too non-original, nor too fictional, for you three to brag about endlessly. “Low level Jets” - well-known in wind energy, so what? You have nothing to do with low-level jets! You have no way to make any power at any height, low, high, any level. All “Low Level Jets” were for you three was one more way to spend a few more weeks pretending to have some special insights, pretending to be relevant to wind energy in any way by repeating your latest “buzzword” addition to your vocabulary, Nothing said between Cristina, Wayne, You, and Joe has ever had any relevance whatsoever or made any difference to wind energy, any more than KPS “renting office space”, securing a test site they were not allowed to use (how convenient of an excuse to do nothing) - at least they had a place to eat lunch and call all their friends to say they had a new office, and tell people to look up their website and see their group selfie that “proved” they would soon be powering the grid with their supposed 500 kW machine at any moment - as long as they weren’t allowed to fly it they could keep up the illusion. All on the outhouse-wall principle of “How could a million flies be wrong?” I really think the whole lot of all you incessant “moderators”, endlessly pretending that focusing on extreme trivia such as which “topic” to move someone’s observations to, will ever lead you anywhere, or truly sort anything out. I remember Joe censoring me once for mentioning someone, probably Dav,e at one of his particularly high-cranial-density moments, being able to understand plain English. Joe decided I shouldn’t say that, because maybe someone couldn’t speak English. Huh? Really, sorry to say, but I see most of you guys as just more of the same “trainwreck-in-slow-motion” that I kept telling you KPS was. What do you all really have except maybe the next group-selfie, the next fake-news-of-the-future false promises of powering X hundred homes and providing “disaster relief”, the next series of excuses, and the next bankruptcy? And yes, It is that transparent to real, knowledgeable people, who have lived real lives, and have real ideas, with both feet on the ground, with regard to truth versus fantasy, wind energy, and clean-energy startups. I can’t imagine spending millions of dollars and hiring hundreds of people to accomplish absolutely nothing, but that story was already old news before today’s wannabe version of the airborne aspect became popular. All you guys know is the new airborne version of the old movie some of us have already seen before, more than once. Like soldiers of The Crusades, you troop on, not knowing to what fate you march, armed with the indoctrination of the latest new apocalyptic end-of-world pseudo-religion, with no awareness of how typical and historically repetitive it is, how it serves the oil companies and special interests, nothing is too silly for you to believe, nothing too entrenched as repetitive history for you to ignore. “They” don’t want you to know anything, and you don’t want to know anything. You just believe. Believe believe believe. That’s the important thnig for a religion - not that you DO anything, just that you “believe”. Believe whatever you are told, endlessly obedient to perceived authority, without an original thought in your head.

Doug,

Yes, conventional wind folks know about LLJs loosely centered on 500m, but not how to get there cheaply with kites.

I am happy to be corrected about Wayne’s title at FRI, if better evidence is found. If Wayne says he was a “project leader” or director, the mission was kites, and he was the prophet. There is also the possibility of multiple “directors”. What counts is Wayne’s visionary kite ideas. He was prolific at imagining what is possible in the sky. He has inspired many in his time. His legacy will endure in AWE.

Focus on making your ST idea work. Wayne and I discussed it the summer we worked together (2007). Lets agree we did not see how you will reach 500m high, generate high power, and do all the things you say a WECS must do. Let me focus on Wayne-and-friends’ key insights. Let our outcomes settle doubts.

Maybe Wayne mistyped Bosch-

Good luck as always in your work.

Hey, stop trying to change what you said. People should take note of what a slippery character you are. You said Wanye German WAS THE DIRECTOR OF BOEING’S FLIGHT RESEARCH INSTITUTE, claiming that placed Wayne in the rareified company of BURT RUTAN and PAUL: MACCREADY.
YOU ARE WRONG
Wayne WAS NOT THE DIRECTOR
He is NOT a famous aeroautical engineer like Paul and Burt - NOT AT ALL.
YOU MADE THE WHOLE THING UP TO TRY TO IMPRESS THESE EUROPEAN KIDS WHO DON’T KNOW ANY BETTER, WHO JUST BELIEVE WHATEVER THEY ARE TOLD, AND SOMEONE NEEDED TO TELL THEM YOU ARE JUST MAKING UP MOST OF EVERYTHING YOU SAY, BECAUSE YOU HAVE TAKEN OVER THEIR ATTEMPT AT A FORUM. ALL ANYONE NEED DO IS CHECK ON ANYTHING YOU SAY to find IT IS JUST MADE UP and NOT TRUE. PERIOD. AND I WOULD PREFER NOT TO WASTE any MORE TIME TRYING TO PRY THE TRUTH OUT OF YOU - IT IS IMPOSSIBLE.
I came to this site after weeks of being away. Every topic now ending with your big red K. Nobody seems to realize they’ve been had. I didn’t have a lot of time. I’ve already wasted 12 years proving you are a liar almost every day, because almost every day it seems you tell another lie, and someone needs to stand up for the truth.
All I needed to read was ONE POST from you to see you lying again. I just wrote a single sentence, saying I thought you were just making it up. Without even checking - I know how you are, and you never change. Everyone should know your buddy Wayne is NOT a famous aeronautical engineer like Burt or Paul. NO NO NO. It is not true! Those guys are famous for designing and building airplanes. Show us all the airplanes Wayne has built! I’ll bet he’s never built a single one, let alone designed it too. Who the hell do you think you’re talking to, a bunch of complete idiots? Well maybe so in some cases here, but you can’t fool ALL the people ALL the time. People need to be warned about your proclivity to spread misinformation. Here we are with exhibit A for today. I’ve said what I have to say. I checked into the first thing my eyes read from you, and it was obviously more of your typical 100% made-up lies, as predicted when I first saw it. I’ve made my point. There is nothing else to say.

Wayne is actually far beyond MacCready and Rutan in energy kite ideas. These are peers. Tsiolkovsky, the father of space travel, never built a rocket, as far as I can tell.

Windy Skies seems unable to concede that no factual error has been proven in the topic wrongly hidden about high temperature kite tech. Whether Wayne was a “director” or “leader” of anything is not technically material, nor proven wrong either way.

Windy Skies’ anonymous mis-moderation is the serious problem on this forum, not the material he wrongly censors.

You guys are protesting way too much. If you don’t want to be moderated, be better. You’re literally or figuratively taking up at least 25 times the time to deal with than anyone else. We don’t want a repeat of the Yahoo forum so this forum is moderated. Make sure your posts pass the smell test if you’re opposed to moderation. I don’t want to be moderated also so I try to make sure I won’t be.

Here are the rules of this forum again: FAQ - AWESystems Forum

No, it is not on someone else to prove this wrong. It is on you to prove it right.

@kitefreak I don’t think. @Windy_Skies is your best ally, and can help you make the most of yourself, preventing some fancy contents or some inaccuracies or maladjusted quotes. He cannot be quite accurate because moderating you seems to be a full time job.

Try to develop your tri-tether rig and you will see he will not moderate more your contents.

I am blocked by software from removing the statement about Wayne being Director at FRI, so I deleted the post. Its been replaced with a new post answering the technical question as before, and that merely states Wayne’s generic association with FRI, which no person or source seems to question.

So there is no standing pretext to censor the topic of heat resistant kite materials and applications.

As for what is AWE, classic kite flight itself is AWE powered, and by logical extension all applications of kites in wind are AWE, and all close similarity cases, like towed kites, water kites, space kites, etc., are worthy of AWE engineering study.

Yes. I’ve split off the off-topic discussion and made the discussion visible again.

I also moved the discussion to Lounge. I think the ideas presented in the topic are not so developed to merit being in the Engineering category. You can brainstorm ideas in the Lounge a little more freely.

No. Delete the topic. I cannot contribute “a little more freely” in Lounge, nor agree to your relentless “lenient” mishandling of technical facts, in the false name of Netiquette.

Let wrongly moved/split topics join superior knot knowledge in oblivion.

The anonymous mismoderation must stop.

Eh, fine. I won’t delete the topic as other people have replied. I have unlisted the topic again Titanium vs Tungsten Tethers

Here is the sort of sound content Windy Skies is hiding by further topic splitting and hiding-

“There is a serious challenge to fight massive wildfires, with kites lifting water in one place and dropping it in firestorm conditions. Steel and fiberglass are probably good enough, but its ok to know of other heat-resistant tensile materials.”

Windy Skies, you no longer allow authors to “own” their topic, excepting yourself of course.

Delete my posts when moved to Lounge. Go ahead and leave the others. Do not expect me to write under your unwise demands. If I knew who you were, you would not seem so cowardly, and I would be more accommodating.

Deleted your posts in Titanium vs Tungsten Tethers per your request.

1 Like

Indicate your sources, even if you have trouble admitting it.

Concerning @dougselsam, it’s obvious, at least in our circle.

You are the source, Pierre, in an email you sent me earlier. That’s not hard to admit.

Coy Harris, Dave Lang, Paul Gipe, and Chris Carlin are far better Wind Tech experts. Too bad Doug is not a kite expert.

I’m not really in Doug’s circle, as we do not agree on engineering questions.

Quoting private emails is a shabby process. You have no ethics.