Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

@kitefreak If you are unhappy due to the moderation you can flag the concerned messages. It reminds me from afar when you called publicly your technical opponents as “trolls” in the old forum without the insulted having a chance to respond. Who was an accomplice?

Your problems with moderation and with a high proportion of participants is your affair, not mine. You have a lot of things to reproach yourself with, including dirtying your interlocutors unfairly with terms such as “complicit”. Concerning you the current moderation is justified.

Dave you have earned your reputation. What you say is silly. From the moment I saw your crude attempts at even pretending to be developing wind energy at the first HAWP conference in 2009 (waving around a little wing on a string tied to a stick?), my prognosis was that your interest was merely flying kites, and that wind energy was not likely to be achieved by you anytime soon, given your focus on just flying kites. So far it has been true.
And it is also true that your announcement of a summer concert powered by AWE so many years ago was a fantasy only with nothing to back it up. Just a bunch of hot air. Just one example of a pervasive pattern. I was being kind to say the only thing missing was the main feature of an AWE system to power it. Everything else was missing too. It was nothing but one more instance of your “all accomplishments are in the future” 100% hot air. As of yesterday we are supposed to believe you “will” now develop another airborne wind energy system of a dome of triangular kites pulling in three directions. But so far, such “all accomplishments in the future” remain merely stated, never realized. Your only supposed relevance to wind energy was Joe’s preferential treatment of your antagonistic behavior on the old forum, where you were the most prolific poster, with so much of what you posted simply being untrue and/or irrelevant, and with Joe censoring anyone who might flag the inaccurate nature of your words.
And by the way, this discussion is not public, but rather a hidden private discussion of 3 people with what, 3 “moderators” entertaining themselves by pretending any of this talk matters. This discussion is just an aftereffect of the previous AWE forum, where a few of us point out the reality of how full-of-it you still are, how absurd your protestations of censorship seem in the face of censorship being the main thing supporting your decade+ of pretending relevance to wind energy.

Doug, if you are doing anything in AWE but obsessively repeating false empty accusations, then share that.

kPower has great work past, present, and future, but this is your place to report your R&D without JoeF to blame for your results.

Otherwise, farewell.

Dave, quotes of your unmoderated public insults (“trolls”) have been provided since a long time, as well as your voluntary distortions of the words of those with whom you disagreed (“yellow journalism” does it remind you of anything?), followed by censorship as soon as protestations came. Look at your messages, you will find again some referenced quotes, although it is not required since you know it is the true. This is now an old discussion.

Pierre wrote: “Yellow Journalism, does it remind you?”

Yes, I was not a journalist, but I was right, Makani was doomed. Culp and I are still friends.

No, you and Doug do not produce referenced quotes to support accusations.

You are not very knowledgeable in aerodynamics either. Let Windy keep you that way.

Done since a while.

Are you an authority on aerodynamics? Please provide only one reference of peer-reviewed publication about aerodynamics.

As you indicated to flag some messages, hoping Windy’s moderation, you could also hope he teaches you basic elements of aerodynamics.

1 Like

A classic text of the Kitegods-

Aero-Hydrodynamics of Sailing: Marchaj, Czeslaw A.: 9780877429937: Amazon.com: Books

Windy does nothing well yet, but we can hope someday learns to.

SkySails + WindSled

Image not approved for public posting.

Roland wrote: “We need especially submissions for the mini-symposia on performance metrics and multi-kite systems”

In protest of Windy’s anonymous TL4 authority, I will not reply to Roland’s call above.

Now this “unmoderated” topic has increased posting restriction to 12hrs from 7hrs. Unwise Moderation is killing this Forum.

90 MPH Ski Crash blamed on winds, excessively sharp jump.
Airborne wind energy: One could feel and calculate the Watts.
He was using my exact skis - Yellow-green Fischer Titanium-aluminum Downhill boards. Notice how metal takes a permanent set - he broke his skis! Still made it across the finish line unconscious.
I wore mine out and put the bindings on some new 211cm Elans that I have not used yet. Been on 211 Volkl Super-G 211’s and some Fischer 195 GS skis this year + a Rossignol snowboard.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=URS+Kryenbuehl+crash

Our team is working on airborne wind energy. Stay tuned.

Your team understands that SuperTurbine ™ is the future of airborne wind energy.

The really silly thing about wannabe AWE, and crackpot wind energy in general, is people never stop suggesting long-disproven ideas as though they are some new concept.

New people keep reinventing or finding old concepts.

Yeah, reminds me of a Squirrelinator™ squirrel trap. You can catch like 6 squirrels at a time. You’d think after the first squirrel is caught, others would figure out it is a trap. But no, like a Savonius turbine at an AWE-fest, they don’t notice that it already trapped the first squirrel. Nope. Once one squirrel is inside, the others get jealous and want to come in and see what the big deal is. They see the first squirrel as a success story to emulate!

I think the people running this site are closed-minded humorless wannabe know-it-alls. Re4tards.

Doug: “…attempting to verify the claims of Santos that “Skysails 100” is in operation”

Its as claimed by ongoing German press coverage linked on JoeF’s site.

My claim is that Power Kite derivatives, like SkySails’ North SailsTZ wings, are the leaders in AWE because nothing else comes close by highest power-to-mass and lowest mass-scaling-exponent.

AIRBORNE WIND ENERGY SYSTEM | SKYSAILS POWER (skysails-power.com)

TECHNOLOGY | SKYSAILS POWER (skysails-power.com)

A squirrel spinning in its wheel is a good way to generate the Magnus effect. The squirrel below is the king of Professors Crackpot.
https://fr.dreamstime.com/clips-vidéos-écureuil-chilien-tournant-roue-sa-cage-video111732250

1 Like

More AWE coverage including SkySails news. Initial AWE commercialization will suffer challenges, but not from skeptics, who will slowly wear down as the technology improves.

Will Airborne Wind Power Finally Fly in 2021? | Greentech Media

You are the biggest skeptic I know of. Rotation/torque is impossible, SuperTurbine™ of any kind or variant is impossible, big is impossible, everything is impossible except some nebulous notion of “power kites” that you never seem to be able to demonstrate on even the smallest scale. Lots of talk, lots of hot air, nothing to show us. Nonetheless you know a lot about kites. If I have a kite question I would ask you.
:slight_smile: