The no market Hypothesis

Judicious government policy can create a market for AWE.
Germany passed a law which stipulates that homeowners can return excess electricity to the grid at a cost greater than the utilities charge. The result of this law was that within a short time a good proportion of homeowners installed solar panels on their roofs since it was economically advantageous for them. This rebate system can be extended to AWE where small farms or locations with adjacent open land can install systems and can feed back electricity to the grid. More profits can be made with AWE systems than with photovoltaic solar systems since there is an economy of scale with AWE as opposed to a modular system with photovoltaics. In addition AWE systems can operate during the night which balances the grid. Development of a distributed system like this would strengthen the grid and make it less vulnerable to adverse climate events or sabotage. It will also enhance the entrepreneurial spirit of people since they will become more self-sufficient. If electric power becomes almost free it becomes advantageous to build saunas or hot tubs which enhance the health of the population. Energy intensive reverse osmosis systems can also be installed to purify the water. The possibilities are endless.

2 Likes

this is something i have been thinking about even dropped a suggestion or two? this should be a standard system as most people are dependent of what they have going out. this could benefit manufacturing with a over access to cleaner energy sources? it could even be away of reducing the tax burden? depending on which route used? with all renewables on the table? I agree the possibility are endless. however will and motivations are still quite limited? the real question is one of economic structure? though i’m not up to speed with what the brits are doing here? to see Germany take some step toward this style of economic model is encouraging. it certain way it could help in developing a more sustainable economy as long as stars shine you have the necessary mean for technical and scientific advancements. you also have potential means to control the climate? making it more dependable and reliable? I don’t know if anyone did the sums on how much energy you have to extract to get regular cooling effect? if this is even possible? then it would help quite a few people in the long run? no market? real question is what type of market to you wish to set up? with renewable you do have limitless potential? the shines the wind blow the seas wax and wain? i have to ask exactly where the breakaway threshold is? how much of x will get you out come y? when and where would the economic switch occur? there are very few resource like wind wave and solar? material based economies have always suffered the rise and falls. often as often as interests wax and wain. with the right methods i wonder how many can be give a new lease on life? breaking free of the ages of bondage to the money markets? I truly wonder what it will take to achieve this? if it is a basic faculty of life then everyone must have an income? then what must be done to achieve that? i know bit coin was one attempt to break the dependency cycle? failed because it was dependent on finites vectors. central digital currency wont be any different? if you have means to make electricity the many issues commonly face would be at least mitigated? well done Germany for getting the ball rolling! would like to see this go global? who know where this might go?