Underwater Kites (Paravanes)

Joe, your penchant for defining virtually any word to mean anything you’d like it to mean, depending on your whim, is part of what I’ve seen as an often nonsensical approach to energy, or, as you often say “good works”. The only thing is, where are these “good works”? Are we going to have a moored ship blowing around to deliver the mail? Maybe clean your room? Wash the dishes? Mow the lawn? Smash into other ships? Fight for civil rights? Collect overdue library books? Cook a batch of chili? Clean the chalkboard? Do they still have chalkboards or did they figure out the dust causes cancer? How primitive: using one rock to scrawl on another rock. Stone age. Amazing to realize our main visual display during childhood learning was live cave-man rock art.
I’m still on record as saying Minesto will never work out, based on nothing more than you and self-described “domain expert” Santos promoting it as promising because the designers worked on jet fighters for Saab. Typical impressive credentials that go nowhere in open-flow energy. So far they still haven’t put any power to the grid after all these years. Oh well that’s good in the sense it leaves the field wide open for the rest of us. I recently ran across a patent for hydrokinetic generators from 1989 that looked like a good idea: U.S. Patent 4,864,152 Hans Pedersen, Denmark. Simple is good. :slight_smile: