Will KiweeOne be funded?

Indeed the belt transmission is highly scalable. Perhaps some mass penalty can be avoided if the rotor hub (as the main pulley) is the only pulley to largely scale.

Pew, only less than 20 days to go. And more than 10k funding left.
That doesn’t look good. I do think that the existing interested people who follow @Kitewinder have been pledging early on. The new media attention during the campaign did not seem to have much impact.

Hello all. Still 10K left. That will be difficult to finish but I pretty sure we will cross the line on time. We already have 30 device that will be released and hopefully 20 more within those remaninig 20 days. As I said before, developing kiwee was not easy but putting it on the market is even more difficult. Others players will fire sure benefit for our first market attempt and that is good. They will also have a hard time.
Regarding scalling, main difficulties is about decreasing rotational speed and increasing torque to transmit. This will oblige us to have a multiplier on the propeller. With increasing torque, you may have slipping phenomena of the belt . Trust me that is to avoid! Help us make it. Like, share, talk to your friends and let’s put that kiwee on the market.

3 Likes

There might be money waiting for the last day? I mean who would want to support it to make sure the project happens, but otherwise doesnt need it directly

I bet this will happen, but can only do so much.

Would a partnership with a sport and camping shop like https://www.decathlon.media/fr_FR/contacts/demande-partenariat.html be possible and useful?

https://fr.123rf.com/photo_4554724_poulie-roue-géante-du-haut-d-un-remonte-pente-avec-un-fond-de-ciel-bleu.html : no slipping but a large mass for a high power (1 MW and more).

1 Like

Thanks for the support guys. We have almost secure a fraction of what is left so I guess last day, with some highlight from the platform, we might get cloth to the finish line.

I like the analogy Pierre, I don’t know how far we could scale our tech, I would guess up to a range of 10kW, maybe more. Anyway, our second product will be in the range of the kW, factor 10 with kiwee one. Main difference will also be longer belt to catch power around 500 m to 1km high. I like the idea to produce continuously, thought it is much valuable than large amount of energy but not continuous.

1 Like

Wow in the last week the campaign leapt over about 0.2 of its goal.

Yes! 0.17 to be more precise. Still 0.25 to find. Hope the awe community will continu to help. It is a unique chance to test the product, showcase it and even makes profit out of it as you could get it at really low cost. If someone you know want to taste the market, let us know. We are open

With 20 of these you should be ready for the W&I car challenge :slight_smile:

Its actually doable, if you find someone who would like to be the worlds first something, they could support your campaign by buying 25 kitewinders, then do it

Not sure we could find someone like that easily thought. We still have some sale for distributors to do ( x5 pack). That shall place us really cloth to finish line.

1 Like

If that contributes to the campaign I’d do it asap. Not only because there are just a few days left, but people tend to give more when it’s close to the goal. The own impact feels larger.

1 Like

One way to contribute (like I have done) is to share the campaign with any sports, camping or martitime shops that could be likely to sell these.

1 Like

Yep we have that kind of target. We think kiwee could be also use as a totem to attract customer at some spot. The local surf school for example or others professional on the seaside. If you know such people, let them know we are there, that could help. can you give me the link to people you tried to reach tallakt ? I could try to contacts them directly
Any help is appreciated Luke. Do what you feel like doing.
thanks guys

1 Like

Sorry, I misunderstood. I thought you had deals in the pipeline that just need signing / processing.

I have, i’m searching for others ones :wink:

1 Like

Hey, we just sold another distributor pack. That place us at 84% . That smell really really good.
Come on guys, talk about us, spread the campaign. You could even take a kiwee ( my favorite :slight_smile: )

Distributors wanted !

2 Likes

Hi Olivier,

Please I have some questions.

What do you roughly expect about the mass of a 1000 W system, in flight, then in full, since it is respectively 2 kg and less than 5 kg for the current 100 W KiweeOne?

Can the higher tension compensate this?
Thanks.

Happy new year for everyone!

You could add a gear on the kite side. Double speed and half torque