Your post in "K Line to Cut Ship Emissions with Automated Power Kites"

https://forum.awesystems.info/t/k-line-to-cut-ship-emissions-with-automated-power-kites/573/6

Hi Dave, this topic is not about Doug or his ST. Please edit out the off-topic stuff.

Split topics are a fiasco on this Forum.

I reference K-line’s realistic ship kite prospect to Doug’s unfounded prediction. Doug’s comment was not even about K-line as such.

Its the cross-topic problem again. You think my post was not about fairness to K-line, then make a Doug topic and paste it there.

Reveal who you are, and I will not feel unfairly put upon by you.

Do you mean split the topic?

Here are the only actual on topic bits that I see in your post:

That’s a lot of relevant points. Don’t you have any to add?

The old forum has never needed splitting. Perfect topics are not that important when key-word search is the Gold Standard. Splitting topics is hardly my idea of worthwhile. Good luck with your technical AWE work instead.

I’ve split the topic. Feel free to repeat on-topic stuff in the original topic.

No, I can’t feel free with your moderation.

You shouldn’t feel free. We are writing here in service to a potential reader. Not for self-gratification. You shouldn’t feel free to make every topic about the feud between you and Doug. You have the Yahoo forum for that, anyway.

You wrote “feel free”. Actually, I post a lot that is nothing to do with Doug, technical stuff. It you I lose time with by your nontechnical priorities. No one correcting Doug’s technical errors is where your moderation focus will lead.

I really do feel free by never acquiescing to secret players. I hoped wrongly you wanted me to feel free in any case, no luck.

Sure, to do:

Not an unqualified freedom.

Neither is anonymity.

Let me rephrase, I think you should feel free, but please stay your hand if you feel the urge to say something negative about a person, especially something that you have written many times already.

No, freedom of speech is sacred. Censorship is evil. You sure repeat your Netiquette ideas, go ahead, who am I to stop you. I can only in good conscience continue to object to your anonymity as much as you repetitively split mixed topics.

I will stop posting if I cannot stop your intrusive moderation. You seem to find technical excellence not worth putting first. Doug’s addled take on Kline news really did logically boomerang on his tech. Its not about him as such, or your secretive authoritarian pattern of conduct.

To me the attention of the reader is sacred, and fleeting. The topic was, and now is again, about K Line, perhaps the reader reading the topic title and reading the discussion is interested in that.

I know, the knowledge archive function is comparatively not sacred to you. Fleeting interest will be what you deserve then. Someday these texts will be mined for gold. Your topic splitting will not have mattered, except as an annoyance to authors.

Of course it is. That’s why I like a manageable index, like topic titles referring to what’s inside the topic.

Current and future readers will use search to jump right to what they seek, not use your intrusive ordering based on an imaginary reader.

I am a real person, with a real complaint, and you hardly care. My post did contain on-topic content, just as you require, but you broke it. Work on AWE instead, you are not good at moderating me.