AirborneWindEnergy: For More Power From On High (Luke1:3KJV)

Endless big talk, never anything that works…
The ever-shifting claims - suddenly the JAL system needs constant fossil or nuke backup in order to “replace” the fossil or nuke plant… Just in case… Maybe just put one up near a nuke plant and pretend to take credit for the nuke plant’s output.
This month we’re all supposed to fall down in abject admiration for the latest bragging-ahead-of-any-evidence claims to rearrange the world of energy - in the future of course - all progress must ALWAYS be set in a future-tense.
What about the previous 100% sure-fire concept bragged about before this one?
And what about the one before that?
And the one previous to that?
Are we supposed to just forget about the previous 14 years of similar claims that have never materialized?
And he keeps posting while supposedly banned.
Cuz we’re supposed to fall for the attempted deception meant to make us think that John posted this.
The whole scenario is one big joke to anyone who knows anything about anything. :slight_smile:

1 Like

By sweet tiny signs, JAL is capable of envisioning kites saving the world: “by Whose power winds were set in motion”.

Many of our past demos clearly show power metering. It’s been pointed out again and again. We do not hastily down-select to develop a full power curve in a wind tunnel or waiting for every wind condition.

Our detractor’s method is simply to keep insisting our circle does not measure power, no matter the truth. That adds cheap drama, but the truth wins in the end.

We also cite partners like SkySails whose power is metered. We are on the same side, just so our ideas are theirs as things move forward.

Our specialty is small-scale R&D of new ideas, not pleasing ‘nay-sayers’ and mockers. We will put plenty of power on the meter as we finally scale up. Let them wait for that.

Let impatient critics complain we take too long. We are actually fast to innovate if not scale with capital investment like many players. Let others rush to set records and find they scaled too fast.

If someday GW AWE is achieved along the lines we first set out, the honor is ours, no matter who does it.

-DaveS CTO, Jalbert Aerology Laboratory; Saturday 03rd September 2022

PROTOTYPE:

Proof Of Concept Prototype Kite-Fossil Hybrid Plant

CONCEPT:
coal-kite-hybrid-schematic

There he is, posting here again, same s***, same day.

I don’t see any reason to believe this.
Why is that true?

That sounds like a hell of a lot of expensive workforce until you can show how it automates

What sort of energy response curves do each of these wild scenarios have in order to mix?
More like
Taken together these methods promise to scare the living shit out of any human mental enough to approach inside a 10 mile radius

Proof of concept? WTF
Where is any proof in that? What’s the concept? Kids can play with recycling and a hot glue gun? Hybrid plant? compost.

As for the Coal to Kite pic
Oh jeez. Time to admit again and cringe a little more
That exact drawing with the kites all lined up was something I did about a decade ago. and you still use it

1 Like

I think you spelled director wrong.

I really hope I’m wrong.
But I don’t see any promising development path being proposed for what otherwise could be an interesting study

JAL responds:

Yes, it’s a New Golden Age of Sail in the Sky. Sailors need work and should be well-paid. Kite work would be passionate. Some may prefer higher private profit and less employment over higher employment with greater social well-being. As Wubbo insisted, we engineers can choose what kind of AWE we want to create.

Automated energy drones made in factories mean less attractive work for less workers and currently involve “a hell of a lot of expensive” crashes, so skilled kite pilots may long be most economic.

Based on the largest sailing ships at the end of the last Golden Age, a sailor handled a megawatt or two of sail-power in a crew of about ten. Modern sailing has become less labor intensive, with partial automation of self-steering, motor-winches, roller-furling, and other aids. For AWES by 2030, we can try for perhaps 10MW output per well-paid kite-pro.

Let the facts prove as tested. Kite-pro labor deserves its chance.

Reference model for sailing crew-

Thomas W. Lawson (ship) - Wikipedia

4,330.86 m² sail area

10 to 12 able seamen

~2000W/m2 in “rated” wind

current MWhr price in France- 400EU

It will be interesting to have what @Rodread sees as a more “promising development path”?

Arthur Schopenhauer quote: All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed… (azquotes.com)
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Large thermal machines such as coal plants consume much more energy when their speed varies (stop and go) than when it is stable. Since the wind does not always blow, the speed of the coal plants will vary, resulting in more energy consumption than coal plants operating steadily and without kites. This is also why we do not see large tankers towed by kites plus thermal propulsion.

Things get worse with nuclear plants which like even less variations of speed. Small nuclear power reactors (SMRs) could perhaps be more flexible, but they are not yet ready.

Re-edit: I correct my statement above: According to one source (below) and other material I have consulted, it appears that nuclear plants can have some level of flexibility.

https://www.sfen.org/rgn/nucleaire-flexible-renouvelables-0/ :

Aujourd’hui, les réacteurs nucléaires sont capables d’ajuster jusqu’à 80 %, à la hausse ou à la baisse, leur puissance en 30 minutes, permettant de compenser les variabilités sur le réseau et de valoriser au mieux la production d’électricité renouvelable.

Translation:

Today, nuclear reactors are capable of adjusting their power up or down by up to 80% in 30 minutes, making it possible to compensate for variability on the grid and to make the most of renewable electricity production.

If it is confirmed, JAL opens up some very interesting perspectives, even if the details remain to be worked out. Additional documents may be helpful.

1 Like

Even if All truth is first ridiculed (and it’s not)
Plenty of genuine ridiculous matter should still rightly be called out.
Let truth (not fantasy) choose what kind of AWE you create.

1 Like

Hi @AweEnthusiast

I am not a religious person but apparently you are. Please consider how you are helping some forces who are not in my opinion benign, who are harassing people, who are creating conspiracy theories and revealing identities of people who prefer to have an anonymous identity online. And these individuals will not listen to polite requests of stopping. Is this something you would like to be a part of? You seem like a nice guy except when parroting some gibberish. Please consider this then, if your time may be better spent in different ways, doing good.

As a simple example of the bad things being done, see that those emails that you also received with baseless accusations and my words taken out of context could for instance lead to my being laid off as these were also being sent to my CEO of Kitemill and other prominent members of the AWE community. And this is just the tip of the iceberg. If anything, you are harming AWE rather than promoting it.

And, no, wrecking the forum by posting thread after thread with nonsense will not promote AWE. We are not many people here and possibly a few lurkers who were enjoying this forum. It may have been somewhat quiet now and then. But interesting discussions would happen. Your contribution I am afraid is going to risk the forum losing more people, again turning the forum to a wasteland of words hiding the «nuggests» of the rest of us.

With regards to JAL and kPower and whatever, whick is as far as I can tell mostly just one person, with no funding, no paid employees, no patents and no good prospects of aquiring any of those - I will eat my hat if anything coming out of that group will ever produce any meaningful power.

So please just - stop

3 Likes

Thanks, TallakT.
I will stand for fairness and truth as a person of conscience, in the fear of our Creator God. I mentioned before that your person and employment are not anyone’s target as far as I know and represent. To buttress this below is an excerpt from off Forum:
" Again, it will not do if Tallak or any otherKitemill workers are punished for strategic failings of management and owners in having made an ultimately unworkable AWES down-select, by safety-reliability, scalability, cost-effectiveness, and so on. Primary Kitemill responsibility falls (elsewhere) …

If, as is too common, venture founders can only run things into the ground, workers should not be buried with them. "

I have tried to help balance reflections here and despite the ridicule from your person amongst others, I continue to engage in love as I must.
Calling others’ opinions and works ‘nonsense’ is at the least rude. Even if it makes no sense to your person or circle, it is only polite to acknowledge differences of opinion and seek understanding if peradventure the other party will be able to explain further to your eventual comprehension.

Further, while I appreciate that some may prefer their identities to be hidden in a public forum, it is sometimes helpful also to know who is behind the camouflage to accord due respect else hidden personalities should endure the flak as a price for their cover.
Acts23:3-5 comes to mind here: " 3Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, [thou] whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 4And they that stood by said, Revilest thou God’s high priest? 5Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that he was the high priest: for it is written, Thou shalt not speak evil of the ruler of thy people. "

Besides, as Luke8:17 rightly states " For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither [any thing] hid, that shall not be known and come abroad."

“Forensic audits, lawsuits, and investigative journalism can get to the bottom of all this fuss.”

This is not the passage in an email I was talking about. The one I was referring to was quoting me to support some opinions that I surely do not have. And then being sent on email to a number of recipients in the AWE community, including myself and the CEO of Kitemill. I do not wish to further repeat these falsities, you may find them in your mail archive if you look.

Well the manner of which people reply on the forum is dependent on how you treat others. As you are clearly cooperating closely with other previous users of this forum, you need to relate to the level of discussion that this person has initiated.

I think at one point it is ok to call out things for it’s real name. Most of the stuff postet lately clearly is nonsense, for those of us living by the real physical laws on this earth, and some expectations of what can be achieved in a few iterations or lifetimes.

For instance; which is more nonsensical? Claiming 90% capacity factor without explaining why that is possible, or claiming 110% capacity factor like I did. The first one is clearly ridiculous, while the other one is clearly a joke.

I am afraid bible verses don’t really help you getting a message across to me…

As you clearly don’t see things as I do, I will from here on refrain from engaging in further discussions with you.

2 Likes

Hi John, you seem lost indeed, but you will find your way back to the truth.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

Are you sure your protege has never broken the 8th commandment?

The incessant unsolicited emails, just yesterday, tell me otherwise.

1 Like

Thanks @PierreB. You certainly are entitled to your opinion as I am to my convictions. Truth ultimately will prevail.
1Corinthians4:4 " For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord."
1Corinthian8:2 " And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know."
1Corinthians13:9-12 states " 9For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. 10But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. 11When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 12For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Hello John @AweEnthusiast ,

You excel at giving a contextualized advice. But you didn’t answer the central question I asked. What is it, please?

Precisely, PierreB. I am JohnO not DaveS. What is it, please?

Please can you reply to my question I put again more clearly?

Are you sure the author of unsolicited emails has never broken the 8th commandment?
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

You received these unsolicited emails like me and others. Your answer would be instructive.

I will give an excerpt to support my question:

My answer to my own question is: yes. What is yours please? Thank you.

1 Like