Slow Chat

Discourse does however.

Write this $ LaTex $ to get this LaTex .

Iā€™ve said this before, this is what we see. You canā€™t paste images from your email.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MachineLearning/comments/11rc02e/news_openai_announced_gpt4/

I guess that as soon as the format issues have been resolved by putting LaTex code between two $, @AweEnthusiast Johnā€™s two posts on AI will return to the top of their respective topics with comment(s), where they were, having no reason more to be on Slow Chatā€¦

Indeed, it is only a matter of $.

1 Like

GPT-4 Khan Academy In Depth Demo

Letā€™s focus on the first topic. It has multiple obvious issues that anyone should be able to notice. Can you explain to the reader what the most important ones are?

Writing for an audience you have to extend courtesies to make your text more easily digestible and the statements in it verifiable. Too many of them were not extended here to let the topic stay as it was. They can try again, within reason.

GPT 4: Full Breakdown (14 Crazy Details You May Have Missed) - Last One is Extra Wild

ChatGPT:

3 Likes

There somewhere like this where I live? About 100 track miles of of former London and southwestern railway track? It forms part of the castleman corkscrew? It could connect to Christchurch, brockenhurst, sailisbury, Poole, and the old Somerset and Dorset line? Vai Wimborne. I had asked a Mp if we could rebuild it? There are a few major obstacles? However not impossible to overcome with the right know how? Iā€™m also aware of an update to the atmospheric railway

That could be totally green energy?
I suggest having the castle man corkscrew as a test bed for green railway technology? Ive walked parts of the old track bed. There is room to add extra stops? Moors valley and ferndown industrial estate? Even west moors, three legged cross? On the sailisbury spur? I wanted it for the railway preservation front? But had a mind for some way to run green energy locomotives? Sir Christopher Chope mp. I bet there are many potential site globally that could be brought into service?
@Windy_Skies chatGTP seams to think like I do? Funnily enough?
I havenā€™t the resources myself but with the right investors? The uk can have a test bed or two? @Rodread might be a few places up near you? If I remember my railway history right? Pretty sure there a old whiskey line that could be used? Kite powered railways? A very neat idea? Just get past the planners will be tricky? Hijack something remote and it might work?
There one railway that needs saving it doon valley? Due to the landowner selling? Ā£25000 needed? But you might be able to wangle a deal? That service a few purposes?

So yes. There are options? Even old dock lines? Kite boarder kites would spice things up? Especially with direct transfer of electricity? It almost a dream come true? Just depends what your looking for?

1 Like

Closely related but not exactly the same thing-

Lattice waves travel along the kite train line.
Metachronal waves travel along the kite train tails.

(56) 50 Kite Train - but not for long! - YouTube

1kt tension at 10m/sec = 1GW

Power(watts) = F(newtons) X V(m/s).
1kt tension at 10m/sec = 98.0665 MW (almost 100 MW).

What is the point of this topic?

1 Like

Practical experiments with tethered balloons and kite balloons from 1885:

[Annual Reports of the Aeronautical Society of Great Britain vol. 22] - Kite Balloons and Kite Tandems (1890).pdf (1.0 MB)

[Scientific American 1897-jul 03 vol. 77 iss. 1] - Parsevalā€™s Kite Balloon (1897).pdf (216.1 KB)

[Scientific American 1899-dec 02 vol. 81 iss. 23] - The Lecornu Cellular Kite (1899).pdf (627.1 KB)

1 Like

There arenā€™t that many results for kite in libgen before 1922 when it still had some interest. This is the oldest result:

[Philosophical Transactions (1665-1678) vol. 47] Benjamin Franklin - A Letter of Benjamin Franklin, Esq_ to Mr. Peter Collinson, F. R. S. concerning an Electrical Kite (1751-1752).pdf (347.1 KB)

And this one of the newest:

[Aeronautical journal (London England 1897) 1915-dec vol. 19 iss. 76] Bryan, G. H. - The Small Oscillations of a Kite (1915).pdf (470.3 KB)

im going a bit off topic but iy might be useful?
as edgeware on blades is huge? ive been sat down thinking how to negate it? i might have an idea? but i might be wrong so here goes? each blade make it own bow shock as it turns? so the addition of ridges alon the leading edges to act like riffles should help create a false edge to the blade? by turn the air flow back on it self and fling the particulates of the tips. it should work easy enough? i cheched the tongue and grove with saw dust this morning/ and yes the particulate can be blown in a certain direction? it reminded me of a game played by athletic types? pelota? the scoop rackets?
and jai alai and vx game played by the brits? lacrosse? so have some idea it might work?

the ball represent the particulates? as long as the groove follow the blades curves along the total length? then it should shift the particulates down the length? the groove would form valleys. the top of the valleys would follow the aerodynamic edges a long the length? i canā€™t say how much edge erosion this would reduce? but as edge is due to on coming particulates? the best thing i could think of was how to moving that out the way?
run the goove along the profiles edges? it donā€™t need to be deep it just need to form a vortices to shift particulate out the way?

it will be a common problem for turbines? it some thing that require a fix? to prolong a blades life?
let me know hat you think and if improvement are possible?

many thank,
freeflying

The search term is Leading Edge Erosion.

2 Likes

@Windy_Skies my think was to looking for a way to eliminate leading edge erosion completely?
nature as deveople many way to protect soft tissue from this kind of prolong damage. a bird wing is one example of management? kestrels face these issue due to dive bombing prey? so it might of take generations to develop a countermeasures? it seems afew are already experimenting with idea?
birds had feathers long before that?
just a question of which to direct the airflow through the channels to prevent edge erosion?

Youā€™d have to read up on the research on leading edge erosion to learn more about mitigation. I donā€™t think the shape of the blade matters much.

The search term for what you are posting now is leading edge serrations I think. Some more info:

1 Like