Windswept and Interesting Ltd

Some arrangement with (actively controlled or with a lifter kite) staked rotors at high elevation angle, so low efficiency per rotor, low angle of attack (AoA) and higher lift-to-drag ratio, then high number of rotors leading to an acceptable (?) global efficiency, far lower footprint at ground (better for secondary use), has been evoked, I don’t remember where. Thus, stacked Daisy would look like the tower of Pisa:

1 Like

I really like the image you conjure of Kite Turbines being like the leaning tower of Pisa.
Why not?
Well OK it’s a bit heavy, but looks about right.

My Screenshot of Wikipedia image by Saffron Blaze

Maybe
If it was lightened up
The tower could be used as a line and blade staging support for connecting new lengths of turbine. With TRPT sections of tower length ready with blades to augment or be removed from the next upper layer.

Sweet

How about adding a revolving restaurant at the top?

I’m thinking the dining experience is messy enough without food centrifuging from the table.
However, there may be a food production symbiosis
Spinning towers could be good for moving water around , aerating it, making seaweed happy.
Or the Spinning blades on the tower could be used in salad making like Colin Furze does…
Is this a wearable AWES model?

This is a fine video, showing all aspects in only a minute.

See also the relevant comments from the author and from @aokholm about on whether or not to show the network videos.

I believe I remember @tallakt asking the same question in the forum.

The answer is not as simple as it seems.

3 Likes

A bit more social on
Why we make Kite Turbines

4 Likes

This video is excellent by the way, describing AWE in good ways I have not seen with other companies.

1 Like

Congratulations @Rodread . This will trigger a new stage of progress.

1 Like

We got some nice recognition from Hackaday Judges.
5th place wooo hoooo
Behind some amazing projects

I thanked not enough people
But I did thank rats for designing the nests I base my wiring on and Seagulls for looking correct in the air

2 Likes

Congratulations on winning the 5k. Hope they let you keep some of it. I know here, if you win a billion dollars in the lottery, the next thing is, “Oh, if you want it all now, we’ll settle immediately for half as much.” Then you are in a top tax bracket so they take another half of what’s left, for that. Now you have only 1/4th of your “billion”, just to start, and you haven’t even bought your first Learjet yet! Almost as bad as hydrogen for energy storage, where you’re lucky to get back 20% of the energy put in… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I hope you get to use all of it. This kind of $ can be good for matching with public funding, if you can find anything that applies to you. Easier said than done though, I realize

1 Like

And don’t forget - Christmas is coming soon, and Santa can always use a little more funding!

1 Like

Weirdly enough and completely by coincidence
My brother Al started a brewery Called Windswept https://windsweptbrewing.com/
Yes coincidence - Very odd
It was originally West Beach but they had to rebrand, at the same time I formed Windswept and Interesting ltd.
Wonder how fast we can drink $5k of beer

1 Like

@ Windswept we just celebrated our 10 years birthday (registration day?)
With it also being the solstice , Christmas, New Years… it’s time to get soppy and sentimental and reflective and insightful.

We’ve set up some plans for developing and testing automation systems in the coming year.
Our AWEC Milan presentation is online

Yay - fun - better deliver some results before @dougselsam calls me out.
Don’t worry Doug We took no group selfies

Thank you all for the courage you have taken to speak your minds, and for continuing to explore the possible world of AWES in 2023.
Thanks for challenging each other and challenging orthodoxy - That’s been tricky this year.
We didn’t succeed at enabling freedom of speech for all. Social censure affected us, with our first forum suspension.

We have however continued to raise diversely related topics and report on AWES progress.
We can only be creative if we are remain free to explore and challenge norms.

Let’s make sure we stay free to delight in physical reality and question conformity of opinion - don’t let the mass opinion bots win.

AWES at an industrial community level seems to have come closer together - especially with the loss of Ampyx as was.
We haven’t gobbled each other up competitively.
There has been good respect for each others understanding and expertise.

Dudes - Party on and I hope your kite line tension is well set in 2023

Should I go now and get a bot to rephrase this message into more intelligible chat?

1 Like

So weird, this chatgpt.

Thank you all for your bravery in speaking your minds and for continuing to explore the potential of AWES in 2023. It’s been a difficult year as we struggled to uphold freedom of speech and faced social censure, resulting in the suspension of our first forum.

Despite these challenges, we have persevered in discussing diverse topics and reporting on AWES progress. It’s essential that we maintain the freedom to be creative and challenge the status quo in order to continue making progress. Let’s strive to remain open-minded and resist the influence of mass opinion bots.

It seems that the AWES community has grown closer together, especially in the wake of Ampyx’s departure. We have shown respect for each other’s understanding and expertise and avoided competitive behavior.

So let’s keep up the good work and have a great 2023!

I lile yours better though, because we can tell you are human.

1 Like

Thought you might like to know you got another shout?

It seems word getting around?
Seam people might be sing let’s got fly a kite? If used to crack the energy crisis?

Might i say? well done so far!
YouTube knows!

1 Like

Thanks Jason
That’s funny - really old footage
I gave a few hints in the comments

Always worth investing in good bright safety equipment for your operations staff.
Synchronised comms between the helmets with portable wifi to control the animations.
Wings really help with wind sensing too.

3 Likes

Windswept is now in Phase 2 of our 10kW Kite Turbine Automation project.
If you’re handy, and you want a good challenge - drop us a line

3 Likes