Diablo non-Yo-Yo Vertical Paths with Static-Length Tethers

Showing now in this topic are two distinct systems, the topic starter and the now the interesting mod brought in by Pierre. Both distinct systems may be investigated. Being distinct the two systems will have their specific challenges, pros and cons. Thank you, Pierre, for wrestling with the topic system and coming up with the shown “PB” mod. I am thinking that the PB mod is so distinct that it deserves a topic focus on its own. Please modify the drawing so that “March 2, 2020 JpF kPower” is not on the diagram of your fine offering; thanks.[[Edit: Thanks, PB; I see the change made. Edit: See new topic for the mod-variant:: PB synergistic vertical path pulley-PTO Diablo ]] Then we all may discuss the topic system with focus and also the PB system.

I propose this in order to finally obtain as much value as possible from reaching deep into both systems. The two are with some deep essential differences and probably thus deserve full separate topic discussion flows. You may own the PB system which seems to me to be a close cousin to twin wings in pumping mode. It will be cool to discuss the PB item in its focused topic.

Of course. a third flow would be (following development and experience and clarification) a comparison of the two systems; I suggest that that would come a bit later in time. But it might not be unavoidable to begin a little comparing while I am recommending splitting to two topics; keep the present topic and starting one under the PB March 11, 2020. Maybe choose a name for your item to title the new topic. I will gladly post in the second topic when it is started. Thanks.

The little comparing to urge splitting to two topics:

Diablo non-YoYo Vertical Paths with Static-Length Tethers:
Static-length mains
Distinct working PTO far-field assembly
Four visual strands seen
Two ground-activity areas: PTO and near-field anchor

PB active near-field pulley-PTO Diablo:
Non-static length mains (but perhaps static-length combine mains.
No far-field-ground-activity assembly.
Two visual strands seen.
PTO-Anchor combination in near field: “Pulley generator”

=============== That preliminary macro comparison does not address what later we may address: costs, wind-matching, safety, operational logistics, scaling matters, control challenges, LCOE, and more.

1 Like