Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

There was a new category added for this.

I think it is okay to add it. We’re talking about building stuff, this topic is about building stuff. The skills are transferable and we can learn something from it.

Anyone who only sees the allowed content on this Forum would be shocked how much is censored. This was posted on All about ropes and lines, and then sent to this hidden Topic that I cannot directly post to, under crippled account settings. There is no public accountability. Public technical content is dumbed down, and makes AWE look stupid.

The Netiquette Concern Trolls are the wrongful Soapboxers here, not those who insist on serious values like aviation safety or free speech.

==== hidden from public view ======

What happened to all the previously hidden content, “All about Knots”, as integrally part of “All about ropes and lines”? Good work went into many of the missing posts. Was the good thrown away with the bad?

Its naturally discouraging that anyone who contributes such posts to this Forum may be wasting their time, given draconian censorship. Posting specialized rope expertise here may be similarly wasted. This Forum may never recover the lost trust, and never be a place for advanced knot and rope AWE knowledge to thrive.

Replacing all the wrongly hidden technical content could heal the damage, but the culprits must reform themselves.

I think this topic should have some discussion on that.

Here:

You deleted your own posts and continued to post in a hidden topic.

Just deleted more sound content that Windy Skies messed with (Crashworthiness).

Let him blame content creators, never himself, as an anonymous harasser who must be opposed. No one bothers ever censoring his poorly informed postings.

No one should comply or acquiesce with technical mis-moderation and censorship in AWE.

1 Like

https://forum.awesystems.info/t/crashworthiness-as-a-critical-awes-design-factor/1270

The phrase “Don’t cut off your nose to spite your face” comes to mind

After a recent discussion with @Windy_Skies on Land Use Under AWES Operations I had the curiosity to take a look on some older message. Let us see his evaluation of the chance of success of KiweeOne on Will KiweeOne be funded? topic .

Correction: He can’t really predict this. But that doesn’t mean some others cannot (seeing who made a correct prediction).

And over time he appears as a lesson giver who does not learn his lessons, issuing mood notes with maxims he does not seem to understand.

I will end all the same on a positive note, saluting this gentleman I do not know who for his talent for splitting.

Correction: We couldn’t really predict this. As we can’t see into the future and we didn’t have all the data, and now with the benefit of hindsight, didn’t know how much promotion on (social) media would be done (which I suggested, but they of course had planned to do already).

You just guessed right.

Correction: You could not predict this, not We.
Chance of success votes were well obviously made before the result.

Your reply confirms a time more what I just indicated:

You are wrong (to not say more) a time more. It is impossible to vote now.

I was using this kind of definition, appropriate for an applied science forum:

Accurate prediction and forecasting are very difficult in some areas, such as natural disasters, pandemics, demography, population dynamics and meteorology. For example, it is possible to predict the occurrence of solar cycles, but their exact timing and magnitude is much more difficult (see picture to right).

Here a prediction like this would have to rely on knowledge about the crowdfunding site and community, among many other things. We didn’t really have that. And then still it’s like trying to predict on what day the market will crash. We know it will crash but can’t know the exact time.

You should stop your blah blah about everything and anything. Everyone had the same information before voting.

I also await your apologies for your

I will stop waste my time to discuss with you about this.

You began talking to me here.

Sure, and I’m sure I’m waiting for your apologies for your ad hominem randomness and general unpleasantness in Land Use Under AWES Operations

You should then have moderated the remarks that you mention, but you could not do it because they relate to your behavior, not mine.

Concerning

I still await your apologies.

I’ll let you have the last word, for lack of the best. End of discussion.

I have no clue what you are talking about. IIRC only your comments have problematic content. I criticized your analysis and priorities. Nothing wrong with that. Do a better analysis if you want to lessen the chance of it getting criticized.

I stand by the comment. A guess is a guess, a prediction is a prediction. They’re closely related but still different.

To support Windy Skies’ ignorant censorship is to “cut off your nose”.

He should leave my posts alone. I will never approve of his worthless anonymous censorship.

Let the content suffer. No other opposition but removal is allowed, but opposition is essential.

Free Speech will win.

And a knowingly asserted untruth is a knowingly asserted untruth, as for your

I’m still waiting for your apologies.

“Ad hominen” is an oxymoron about you, as I do not know who are you. “Randomness” is a vague term expressing your mood at the moment, not an argumentative analysis.

You rightly admit it is an analysis. Concerning “priorities” I did not share your opinion. I am still waiting for your argument as I indicated on

You did not expose the quotes with your rebuttal, only expressing an opinion in an unpleasant way.

Do a better work as moderator (especially by being more discreet) if you want to lessen the chance of it getting criticized. You are highly contested in this forum, and I am far from the person who criticizes you the most.
I see you are answering just after my message. You should think more and question yourself.

I chose not to continue that discussion as it didn’t seem to me you wanted to be challenged. My hope in starting the discussion was that you would in time do a better analysis. Do you want to be challenged?

This is an ad hominem:

This is an example of unpleasantness:

I would have written: "I am not waiting your argument…

Where?

The truth is not always pleasant to hear.

I am still waiting for your apologies about your

I say that because someone wanting to be challenged wouldn’t indirectly call the other person blind or dumb, they’d ideally welcome the opportunity to expand upon their thinking. Perhaps I’ll comment again.

I addressed that.