Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

Doug and Pierre never produce any proof (a copied quote) of their accusations of “lying”. They instead claim that Search does not work, or that its too much trouble to present a copied quote.

As stated before, I agree with Paul Gipe in favor of third-party certification of AWES performance to formal wind industry standards. We are not against measuring power.

Hoping Doug and Pierre achieve AWE technical progress that does them honor.

Hopefully Dave makes some AWE technical advancements as well. Some of his research on network kites (like Mothra) may match mine.

It is a shame he is still angry with the truth.

Not angry, only very content Pierre and Doug cannot provide quotes to back up false accusations.

Very happy about AWE progress. Just look at Power Kites still getting better after 50yrs.

A truth that makes me angry is Trump selling arms to Saudis to bomb Yemeni civilians. Doug and Pierre can do nothing comparable to anger anyone.

Here is a WingMill of 300gr making good power-

VID 20201203 141016191 WingMill video by kPower - YouTube

Someday it will be time to carefully measure the output of large versions carried up by kites.

This is exactly one more case where I CAN show dishonest accusations from Santos:
He says, above “falsehoods about no AWE power and no music”.
He intentionally, and subtly, misquotes me.
He creates his own fake version of what I said, so he can try to “win” an argument against, not me, but against a fictitious version he has made up out of thin air, for the purpose of deceiving some hypothetical reader who is not paying attention, to fictitiously “appear” to “win” an “argument” that does not even include me, pretending he has overcome something I said, when it is against what he himself “said that I said”, but something I never actually said in the first place! .
That tactic is called “a straw-man argument” - ironically a term he himself often employs in his endless accusations against others. Interesting how certain people constantly accuse others of what they themselves are doing, isn’t it?

This video explains this tactic - a guy wise enough to say he stopped arguing with idiots on the internet 10 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQwWtEHE5FE

What I’ve said, specifically, for years and years, ever since Santos’ first obviously-false announcement of an upcoming “AWE-powered concert”, in a certain park proximate Austin TX, in a certain year, with a certain country band he said he had lined up, was:

1. He had no AWE system capable of powering a concert - (indeed he has never even pretended to show anything more than exceedingly brief supposed Wattage in the low single digits from any of his apparatus); and;
  2. That the promised concert never took place. (period!)

Santos changes that to me (supposedly) saying “no power” and “no music”, as though I said he has never powered any music by AWE, which, while likely true, is NOT something I EVER said. (dishonest on his part)

So he pretends, supposedly at some beach, years after his “concert-that-never-happened”, to have painfully extracted either “a few plaintive notes” from an electric guitar (which could easily have been due to an already-charged battery somewhere in the chain)
or maybe briefly powered a weak radio or small audio device, again, probably battery-powered, whereby he pretends his dubious device momentarily charged said batteries, using that weak pretense to feign a “win” against the 100% factual statements by me over many years, from the first moment he announced it, that his promised concert in the Austin park with the stated country band in the stated year, would not, and did not take place - a very simple, factual statement that has no actual argument against it.
So what you read from him is just nothing but dishonesty.
And the dishonesty is injected in response to those who would notice and cite his previous dishonesty. In essence, continued dishonesty is all he has to try to refute notice of his previous dishonesty. Once more case of initial dishonesty engendering further dishonesty.
Finally, the latest post from him includes a halting 9-second video - again, typical and par for his course, As usual, this latest video is so short that “if you blinked, you missed it”, and shows no measure of significant power being produced, but instead we are expected to “take his word for it” (???), then it is back to his 12-years-and-counting “all accomplishments are in the future”. (usually in the form of a threat)
Instead of measured power in the video, we have his typical “threats” of (alleged) “future” measurements of power.
Instead of an AWE device, we have a typical case of something frantically “wiggling” about 2 or 3 feet off the ground, tied to a fence that, while low, is still much higher than the actual device. This in light of him trying to nitpick actual airborne systems of others such as mine, for not being high enough…
Basically,

1. there is no point in trying to argue with certain people “on the internet”, and;
  2. It is difficult or impossible have an honest discussion with a dishonest participant.
    Pretty simple when you lay it all out.

I’m surrounded by electric guitars and amps, PA systems, effects pedals, cords and power-supplies. I can reach out right now and within arm’s-length, pick up a guitar already plugged in to an amp, and play for as long as I want (wind-powered, since our facility is wind-powered).

It is no big deal for anyone, at any time, to plug in a guitar and pretend they played “a few plaintive notes” (let alone a whole song or more). People are doing this all over the world, right now, and none of them believes it comes anywhere near “a concert” unless they are completely delusional and mentally-impaired,

If I said I will be holding a concert at a local park in 2012 with a certain country band headlining, and then I instead claim, years later, that I myself extracted “a few plaintive notes” from a single electric guitar plugged into God-knows-what battery-powered bit of nothingness, in some completely different place, no band, no concert equipment - none of that, and yet kept insisting “it was a concert”, with a band, in another place and time, I’d be rightfully relegated to the looney-bin, right?

It amazes me the level of dishonest combined with an aversion or outright avoidance of simple reality and common sense some people are willing to spew on the internet! OMG!

The quick summary of “AWEfest” is that it was Wubbo’s idea before he died.

As he described it, AWEfest would be a spontaneous worldwide DIY effort, where anyone could party with AWE, as a means of popularizing and skill-sharing. Doug is correct that there has not been any grand event, but mistaken that nothing worthwhile has happened.

Patrice Mallard in Austin undertook to do an early AWEfest, with kPower help. There was a series of small demos, like the AWE kite-powering of a 12V electric guitar for a few observers, and a 12V boom-box powered on another occasion (video linked above). kPower finally managed to partly kite-power an Ambient Camping DJ event on the Texas Coast, with about 200 people.

Elsewhere, a few other events count as AWEfest beginnings. There was kite-powered music (kPower) and waffles (Enerkite) at Templehof Berlin, for an AWEC. KiteWinder powered music for a small rave in the Spanish desert. Various kite festivals have had AWE demos in a celebratory spirit. Someday AWEfest will be everything Wubbo hoped for.

It is nutty if Doug is “arguing with idiots on the Internet”.

Continued dishonest and avoidance of reality on the part of Santos. In this typical, repetitive, knee-jerk response, he continues to try to dodge the issue of his previous dishonest promise of a certain concert, employing his “Wubbo” tactic of attempting to shift the conversation from his own false announcement of a fake concert with all the details, to wanting to make people feel guilty about the unfortunate past death of someone on another continent. He hopes that his injection of the mere name “Wubbo” will be enough to somehow excuse his dishonesty. It’s just Santos going on with more and more BS, hoping if he can spew enough nonsense, like a fighter plane releasing chaff he can confuse observers and disguise his own continuous trail of false statements. Nope, it won’t work.
Misquoting me didn’t work.
Misusing the name “Wubbo” didn’t work.
Trying to conflate any random mention of music in the world, as his own fake concert didn’t work.
Telling more lies to cover the previous lies didn’t work.

Nope, daveS, none of your ongoing dishonest tactics are ever going to work.
Now, if I’m so darn smart, why the heck would I waste one minute arguing with lying idiots on the internet?
Well obviously, in that case, I must not be so darn smart.
But there is hope - I should no waste another second on this 100% meaningless, idiotic nonsense. After all, in wind energy of any kind, there have always been, and will always be, insistent know-nothing idiots trying to argue their way into the field with falsehoods and promises of immense future output, such as, in this extraordinary case, (was it GigaWatts or TeraWatts?) threatening to re-power existing nuclear power-plants with “power-kites” - yeah sure, at exactly 1800 RPM, right daveS? Ummmm-hmmmmm, go get 'em dave! We’ll be holding our breaths!

kPower has produced small amounts of electrical power since 2007, using toy-scale AWES, as documented by journalist-witnesses. We have left the major power records to better-funded AWE R&D teams, like KiteGen and Makani.

We are able to trickle-charge batteries to do higher-power demos, like briefly powering an electric guitar. Doug finally shares here an actual quote of mine-

“…a few plaintive notes”

kPower did first show AWE can produce steady output by powering a Seiko self-winding chronometer to Quartz precision. kPower also was the first to publicly demo a passive flight autonomy AWES (groundgen), to charge a cell phone (HipFish, The Flyer, 2007). We also seem to be first to ever grid-tie AWE (kFarm, 2012).

Doug has no influence on these feats, and there are no rules. He should welcome everyone’s AWE R&D contributions. kPower agrees with Paul Gipe, that what counts most is third-party certification of AWES performance, under wind power industry standards.

*** Continued bragging, calling his own supposed trivial nothingness “feats”. Yes there are rules, such as measuring output, which you choose to ignore.

[quote=“kitefreak, post:688, topic:224”].
He should welcome everyone’s AWE R&D contributions. kPower agrees with Paul Gipe, that what counts most is third-party certification of AWES performance, under wind power industry standards.
[/quote]
*** This is just SOOOOOO stupid!!! He wouldn’t even know about Paul Gipe but for MY Gipe/Selsam project where exactly such third-party performance certification DID take place, with Paul concluding that mine was the most powerful turbine he had ever tested.

It is just SOOOOO ridiculous that Santos even has the gall to MENTION third-party independent certification while simultaneously trying to explain away his lack of even being able to show output on a “free-gift-with-any-purchase” Harbor Freight multi-meter! Any conversation with this nutcase is SOOOOO out-to-lunch it is like walking into a spinning house-of-mirrors to even try to follow the (il)logic.

Give it up Dave!

Thanks to Doug for the correction. I added “here” to his quote example.

Doug overlooked the actual “Harbor Freight multi-meter” in the recent windmill demo video, peaking >17V charging a 12V gel-cell battery, that otherwise only contains AWE from various recent demos.

Let Doug someday present Gipe with actual certified AWES results. Best of luck for ST hopes to be validated.

Give it up daveS. Voltage does not equal power. You could produce thousands of volts by walking across a carpet and touching a doorknob. You need voltage x current to even suggest power output. If you want to show power produced, show both voltage and current, or use a power-meter. Pretty elementary stuff.
Just as he continually cites “Wubbo” when caught lying about his “concert-that-never-happened” he cites Paul Gipe and “certified” power output when the subject of his lack of output re-emerges. 12 years of nothing, and yet he still goes on. “Look! It wiggled!” the ground floor of “Professor Crackpot” wind “technology”.
Sure daveS. Paul Gipe. Sure. certified output. Sure. You go get 'em! buddy! Keep it up and you might get a cub-scout merit badge!

Voltage is not the only parameter. The internal resistance of the 12V battery at 17V allows power to be deduced.

Endlessly trying to explain his way out of lie after lie. He talks of “certfied” output, yet cannot conduct even the most elementary measure of power. Frankly I do not believe a single one of your sporadic claims of even “a couple of Watts”. I think it is ALL BS.
Note to Santos: Try using appropriate instrumentation to show some actual output in a video, to go along with your 12 years of empty claims and bragging. “Look! It Wiggles!” Typical Professor Crackpot Lunacy!

At least you believe in yourself, Doug. That’s a start.

Good Luck to your own AWE R&D.

I believe a certain power output was achieved when I see actual evidence of it. In the early days it was how many filament light bulbs I could explode at once. After that I started using actual (gasp!) meters. I believe actual evidence when I see it. I do not recall EVER trying to say I make power at all, without having some way to measure it.

Lets agree you claim not to see any evidence of power in any kPower videos.

Instead of arguing, please study my latest proposal and put your observations, thanks:

1 Like

Pierre, we can both argue and review.

Your reversible kite intuition has merit. This has been called kite “shunting” and “gibing” on the Old Forum, with extended discussion and various demos. Current iso-kite concepts are “reversible” (fly in any direction: forward, reverse, sideways).

Here is a reversing kite (vertical shunt) video-

Vshunt landing - YouTube

1 Like

I do not agree with anything you say at this point.
If you have significant power on a meter or multiple meters, or a bank of lightbulbs of a known power being fully lit - anything tangible, anything besides just you making empty claims of dubious output, please show us in a video. Please provide a link to such a video. No need to abuse the name of “Paul Gipe” and pretend you somehow have such certified output data as you have cited for so many years while never producing it. I think I must have lost my marbles to even be in such a retarded discussion as this.

Maybe you could be like those chess masters who see how many people they can play at once, except you can see how many AWE fans you can simultaneously engage in lying wannabe “arguments” complete with your straw-man quotes and deceptive, illogical reasoning… As I said many years ago, you remind me of the Monty Python skit “I’d like an argument please!” “No you wouldn’t!”