Questions and complaints about moderation + unlisted, mostly unmoderated, free discussion

They are interesting variations.

1 Like

Iso-kites are intended to operate in non-rotating networks by merely tilting in any direction needed. This allows scaling far beyond a unit-plant that requires rotation.

kPower is actively developing iso-kites inspired by Lee Sedgwick’s award-winning UFO as a potential iso-kite network unit-kite. Lee is a personal friend.

kPower rigged one without a hoop a few years ago, bridling the inner margin. It worked well. A would-be drogue is a decent wing rigged flat, flying any direction by tilting.

B-kites: UFO (b-kites.blogspot.com)

UFO-NPW inspired-
tri-unit-cell

This should be posted on the forum

This should also be on the forum instead of here
Is there a working example of where one of these “3r”? models passively holding AoA on equilateral pulleys as the rigging shows?

1 Like

Yeah who came up with this bizarre “hidden topic” BS anyway?

1 Like

If anyone experienced in AWE posts in Public here, less-qualified Moderators often interfere, splitting or changing the topic, and worse. They are less powerfully intrusive in their willfully hidden topic. This is my Protest, to not post in public here until my complaints are resolved. I agree with Doug about hidden Topics normally being wrong, but its my one remaining author moral-right power to prevent Moderation abuse.

Especially “Windy Skies”, whom I am convinced is Tom, will never again get to Moderate me in Public, for his terrible abuse. Rod and Tallak have not been much better. Being stuck most of the time at TL0, waiting for posts to be approved, and even limited to two posts a day, was wrong. So no public posts of mine. Windy-Tom posts is what the public gets here.

=============

Here is another “reversing” (shunting) wing from 2011. This one operates passively-

shuntingfoil - YouTube

The old page, with a broken link to another-

Shunting (energykitesystems.net)

Does anyone other than yourself agree there is sound logic in this argument Dave?

Well, those “raised American” here, like Doug and Joe, will tend to agree, as Doug put it, there is the-

““hidden topic” BS”

Ask 20 million Texans and 80 million Mexicans if they would bow to Windy. Hell no. Never mind fake “logic”. There is a logic as to why this Forum is no place for open discourse.

In our view Moderation is an EU nanny-state sort of thing. AWE is also for immoderate Cowboys and Indians.

Here’s a taste of AWE R&D happening outside of the Makani-AWEurope sphere-

A lot is going on with the US DOE NREL track. There is a drag-out battle to include AWE in the ExaWind exaflop supercomputing project. Polar Exploration AWE is another hot topic. Sled-labs dragged across Ice Caps by kite will be getting on-board generation. Minesto is meeting milestones. Lots of news and relentless progress.

Let us invite him to the more or less private discussion group including the US DOE NREL. At least we will know who he is.

Windy-Tom really has nothing to say about AWE, as a maturing domain-expert field. Pouncing on posts that happen to mention multiple topics, and trying to social-engineer an AWE Fanboy Forum, has proven counter-productive to engineering discussion.

US NREL developments are well reported on JoeF’s feeds. US gov is supposed to be “open records”, but there is some hidden process (ironically with two DE transplants). There is about 10x more message activity in that track than here.

The lead action is shifting to Kite Networks aimed at GW-scale production. Network Theory is effectively scaling science. The real AWE race, for the planet, is sub-scale kite-network prototyping, not chasing a marginal distributed-wind market. No expert should be expecting Makani-AWEurope “Energy Drones” to prevail. Ampyx and all similar architectures, are predicted to crash like Makani, every few hours.

The small investors in these AWE ventures should count more than loyalty to insiders who are now about ten years overdue in their original time-to-market claims.

A bit of NREL background: Under Trump NREL was taken over by Exxon PR interests. The Director, Martin Keller, of Germany, was ideal as a façade of sustainable science, but AWE R&D was completely overlooked as dubious bio-fuels and CO2 recovery schemes prevailed. Martin had a great run being favorably interviewed by the pro-petro industry media.

Now Trump is over, and Biden’s appointees are coming in to run DOE. Martin must pivot sharply (or perhaps go work for Exxon openly). His neglect of AWE R&D, and how to catch up is a key issue. Ironically, it was AWEurope that woke NREL up to AWE, via the IEA Wind program. NREL suddenly found itself “representing” US AWE with no domain expertise on-staff. Over many emails and videoconferences, they have come to see a strong US AWE community was hidden under Makani’s shadow, that Roland’s AWE World Map omits.

On Jan 20, the new “climate administration” starts. NREL is under pressure to be ready for the big sea-change. AWE R&D will be a strong component of the new direction.

1 Like

Here is a recent WSIKF record with stacked Rev kites that fly reversibly. The trend of advancing kite networks is clear. This location is where I was resident scholar for seven years at the World Kite Museum (Long Beach, Ilwaco, WA). The inventor of the Rev kite, Joe Hadzicki, was one of my great teachers.

World Record Kite Stack flight at WSIKF - 2019 - YouTube

1 Like

That said Dave you indicate the limits of stacked kites on:

I think as a start a networked kite could be formed with contiguous elements as for Mothra.

1 Like

The crowding effect progressively disappears when kites are stacked far apart. Close together, it helps a human flyer manage the power. Given how high the sky is, there is plenty of room to space kites well apart for lots of power.

These would be iso-kite meshes even as far apart as a km between them-

Nice
Great video
It should be available for all of the people you claim to be AWES ignorant, so they can learn.
Why are you sabotaging AWES knowledge sharing?
This hidden topic is bs like Doug suggests.
You don’t represent all of Texas.
THIS THREAD SHOULD BE STOPPED
ANYONE NOT PREPARED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM IN OPEN DISCOURSE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM.

I am glad you match my prediction:

Who would decide that?

This statement should be able to be expressed in the public forum, with a supporting project, and without censorship. Concerning me, I believe that the chance of AWE success is rather in the side of Joe/Dave/Doug school.

Rod:

“ANYONE NOT PREPARED TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE FORUM IN OPEN DISCOURSE SHOULD BE REMOVED FROM THE FORUM.”

Let this Topic to be unhidden then, or get rid of the Moderators.

This topic is hidden for good reason.
Revealing it won’t help you to contribute.
You can already contribute fine.
You are free to be kitefreak openly already.
Please continue openly.

This topic is not “hidden for good reason”.

Moderation is ashamed of complaints. They want visiting readers to think there are no issues like an anonymous authority without domain expertise (Windy) wielding TL4 powers sadistically.

All my content is shared freely on Joe’s platform. “For good reason”, there is no hidden topic there.

When Windy is gone, I’ll post in public here.

This topic less visible for good reason.
The topic would teach learners that AWES is designed for petty arguments.

The moderation team welcome complaints and have acted on constructive criticisms.
Nobody here has been sadistic. Really. There’s no need for a comment like that.

Would it upset you @kitefreak if I were to post a topic here with links to your work?
I might just do it anyway… For the AWES interest it contains.

It’s not like we’d ask any other company first before posting links to their work.
One of the beautiful things about the open searchable indexed internet there.

These AWE discussion groups are like caricatures of themselves. So absurd you can’t even find anything as absurd to compare them to. And the most absurd of all is Santos, (along with his historical enabler, Joe, sorry to say). I do not think it is coincidental that we now have two (2) forums in a row where censorship has become the main issue. And I do not think it is coincidental that in both cases, most of the censorship centers around Santos and his constant misbehavior.
And while it is highly-ironic that, after a decade of resisting and protesting the extreme level of censorship on the old forum, most of which was in an effort to defend the lies and inaccurate assertions of Santos, he lied the whole time about it then and continues to lie about it today. Imagine the absurdity of having ten years of little whacky emails from Joe about why my resistance to Santos’ lies were deleted, to now have Santos deny there was ever censorship on the old forum, when it was not only pervasive, but it was usually in defense of his wrong statements! Now he pretends it never happened! Dave, you DESERVE this! It is your payback! Too bad Joe doesn’t seem to care anymore. And after 12 years of your constant assertions of being “an expert” or a most prolific researcher, still NOTHING. So absurd!
Imagine an art full of people so stupid they consistently purport to outdo the largest industry in the world, but cannot even discern between a promising technology and obviously hopeless, ridiculous wannabe technology, nor get a single product on the market after over a billion dollars spent! And yet they still arrogantly press on with their feeble attempts to “control the conversation” by deleting each others messages! Yes we have an “open forum” but you can’t say anything we don’t agree with and we never lie or censor anybody! Meanwhile after all the fundraising, group-selfies, and press-releases, they fall by the wayside and people persist in buying up their discarded nothingness at auction. So sad to see the self-imposed limitations of human beings at their worst.
Update: I see he is now “replying”. More lies about the previous lies, no doubt. You can’t make this stuff up. Why go on with the lies? What is the point?