Advanced Kite Networks

@tallakt , I think you know that it is not possible, given the description provided in the AKN pdf and the comments of the current topic, comprising mine. AKN should be seen as a start to progress, and not as a turnkey project.

In contrats, as you pointed, the publication on https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325833533_Assessment_of_an_Alternative_Concept_for_a_High-Altitude_Wind-Power_Generator provides some values and estimations. So I think you could provide an advice for this concept with three anchors-pulleys. Since AKN is based on this concept, as well as on figure 5 of Payne’s patent, we may have made some progress.

So, since I see that you, John, and me, might want to pursue the analysis, I propose to take this paper describing a three pulley-anchored system, as a basis for a further study of AKN proposition.

For that, I remark (I mentioned it in a previous comment) that going from one kite pivoting in the summit of the three tether segments to a kite network where all kites are pivoting, could be difficult at least, although not impossible. So, in order to scale more easily, the implementation of a Reversible kite in the style of Dave Culp’s OL SS kite could be a possibility. A lift-to-drag ratio of 2.5 or 3 can be expected.